PDA

View Full Version : Butterfly, Noah (2D)

noah
09-27-2003, 09:17 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/47197/butterfly_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/47197/butterfly.jpg)

Okey~

Because of is a direct painting in the computer.
the appearance inside exsits problem

Next time,I will especially careful.

All in Painter 6.0

Hope you like it.
:wavey:

RippleMDK
09-27-2003, 11:08 AM
wow, this is beautiful. I love the gray scale fading into the color. There's lots of stuff going on as well, which keeps you looking for a while. Or maybe it's distracting... guess it depends on your point of view. I happen to like it. Good work.

RippleMDK

skyboy
09-27-2003, 11:13 AM
Amazing work...nice:)

Renzsu
09-27-2003, 12:57 PM
Beautifull image, combination of grayscale and colour works very well.. if you don't mind, I was thinking how it would be nice to see the same character (or a similar character) in a scene with more action, since she appears to be someone who likes action (she's got the piercing and all, so I'm sure she's not meditating all day ;) )

phoenix
09-27-2003, 01:36 PM
wow....i simply love.....it.......man but do something about that background.....put some colour there as welll.....just an idea:thumbsup:

Supervlieg
09-27-2003, 02:44 PM
Looks great, I love your style! I like all the little details going on in the picture. And I like the way the colors blend in with the grey background.

What do you mean by

Sounds mysterious. I dont get it.

erilaz
09-27-2003, 02:52 PM
I have no idea what is going on in that picture, and I don't care! The blend of colours works incredibly well, especially the bluish fade off behind her right horn. Did you have a reference? What was the motivation behind the art?

Error
09-27-2003, 04:31 PM
inspired by lemni3003!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
katsuya terada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i love your details!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

robin
09-27-2003, 04:54 PM
absolutly beautiful !!!

just wooow !!!

Bruzundanga
09-27-2003, 04:55 PM
Noah, your work is incredible. U're very talented. But u MUST build a personal site for you. This page, forum, I don't know (my chinese is not that good, :shrug: ) qhere you put your images is a mess! I could not find any gallery or such so as to see more works...

Please, take some air and a free web host and go on! Make a gallery! :beer:

About the girl. i think she has a little problem in the proportions of her face. But assuming that everyone is different from another, this comment is useless... For the background, I think a darker one, maybe a little green here and there, so as to increase the contrast...
That's my 2 cents....

Regards

PS - This image is now my nem desktop image.... :)

Goatfuzz
09-27-2003, 05:52 PM
Cool, I like it a lot. :beer:
-There's a lot of elements to look at, but it's still very good looking. Nice style by the way... :beer:

???
09-27-2003, 06:01 PM
cool !

Miau
09-27-2003, 06:06 PM
wow!!
so beautiful !! i love it, the colors and the girl !
:applause:

JooS-10
09-27-2003, 06:43 PM
VER NICE!, you have a very unique and amazing style, and good call on including the apples, I mean, you just cant go wrong with apples or machines...

greengold
09-27-2003, 06:45 PM
Noah, color and detail are amazing. Your really should created a webpage to display your awesome works of art.:thumbsup:

Goron
09-27-2003, 07:12 PM
I'm impressed!!! good job.

iBlue
09-27-2003, 07:17 PM
amazing... :)

Kel Solaar
09-27-2003, 07:20 PM
Very nice color scheme, the detail is excellent, great work!

Blackarts
09-27-2003, 07:27 PM
your use of colorto etablish a focal point is nice, and the woman's head is painted beautifully. My only crit would that there is almost too much detail in the peice, and it threatens to overwhelm the viewer. Overall I think this is really cool though.

Pi3141
09-27-2003, 07:27 PM
This is some really great work. I love the fish in the background. I almost missed it.

Great colors, and great detail.

starqueen
09-27-2003, 08:00 PM
there is a huge confusion in the images in there and it works so well. i concentrate so much on her emotion, its beautiful. i really love your style

rrobert
09-27-2003, 08:12 PM
Hmm, good drawing! I really would like to know what happened to the poor girl :p Great combination of color use and paint technics.. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ChrisHale
09-27-2003, 08:43 PM
WOW!!! I like the expression you got in the entire piece. Nice use of colour too. Only crit would be the silhouette of her hand is a little hard to make out. Other than that I love the way it looks... creepy.

Hipnodream
09-27-2003, 09:59 PM
Fantastic image. Like all those that I have seen hers.
Very well.
Regards.

theartspark
09-27-2003, 10:40 PM
Very beautiful image Noah. I like the use of colors in this piece, suttle and eye catching at the same time. I'm going to say this again, you've probably heard this alot but, please make a webpage!:):) I really enjoy seeing your work.:applause:

sizzlebits
09-27-2003, 10:53 PM
This is one of the most beautiful works i've ever seen. The subtle color moving out to greyscale is very cool. It's become my new background.:buttrock:

arliss
09-27-2003, 11:20 PM
Fanboy time!!:buttrock:

Seriously your style is inspiring, the composition/ technological feel of the piece reminds me so much of Giger's work but with more of a spiritual light

Your dealings with technology and natural law in the color scheme and composition (on a deeper level symbolically as well through the apple evoking the garden of eden myth) is powerful and I would like to hear your comments in regards to your inspiration for the piece.

She seems to be reaching out towards hope/ transcendence-

Your work is amazing

:thumbsup:

ninjacore
09-27-2003, 11:40 PM
goodness gracious. :eek:

i sat looking at this for some time before i started to read comemnts. at first i didnt know where to look, but eventually the eye begins to feel led around and u find all these little things going on. i really like art like this. its something you could put on your wall and never tire of. incredibly detailed. love the colours. love it.

post more work.

ninja noodle
09-28-2003, 04:04 AM
WOW!!!!!! :eek: that's amazing work!!!! love it!!! you're such an inspiration!!! :cool:

Briareos
09-28-2003, 04:51 AM
holy crap!

so inspiring, I always look forward to a new Noah piece :D

good job :P

-B

momotea
09-28-2003, 07:29 AM
AHA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~NOAH
我在《奇幻》论坛上看过你的教学,很棒
Beauty~~~~~~~~~~~~!
very beautful,i like it
my teacher like your drawingvery much too~~~~~~~~
she is learning your drawing now
he he ~~
I think i should study hard on drawing that i want to be an artist as you~~~
and my english is poor too~~~~~~~~

hehehe ~~

:beer: :p :applause:

noah
09-28-2003, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Bruzundanga
Noah, your work is incredible. U're very talented. But u MUST build a personal site for you. This page, forum, I don't know (my chinese is not that good, :shrug: ) qhere you put your images is a mess! I could not find any gallery or such so as to see more works...

Please, take some air and a free web host and go on! Make a gallery! :beer:

About the girl. i think she has a little problem in the proportions of her face. But assuming that everyone is different from another, this comment is useless... For the background, I think a darker one, maybe a little green here and there, so as to increase the contrast...
That's my 2 cents....

Regards

PS - This image is now my nem desktop image.... :)

Applause that thank you. and too very opinion that agree with you

Now I am manufacturing the individual's page,soon you will see
my more workses.

In this work,My intention lets the color from arrive the outside to gradually deteriorate.include lines ,and apply color,are all in computer to directly design.

THX

noah
09-28-2003, 08:29 AM
A lot of friends talk to tise the details of this work.In fact I kept
for this work a detailed apply color the process.

The earliest grass diagram is this appearance.

http://www.fantasy-studio.com/non-cgi/usr/2/2_2367_1.jpg

http://www.fantasy-studio.com/non-cgi/usr/2/2_2367_12.jpg

http://www.fantasy-studio.com/non-cgi/usr/2/2_2367_38.jpg

http://www.fantasy-studio.com/non-cgi/usr/2/2_2367_41.jpg

Continuously of the new chemical element of affiliation have already become my habit.

THX guys.

verbal007
09-28-2003, 08:54 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by noah
Because of is a direct painting in the computer.

QUOTE]

It always amazes me to see the language barrier broken by a piece of visual art. I can not think of a thing that you would want to change. Beautiful work, although I expect that you want a more experienced opinion.

The only question I have is... Are those apples floating to her left?

Thank you for sharing. Although the image is very static... or 'frozen'.... it still feels like it has plenty of action. I love it. :)

- Jeremy

gmoran
09-28-2003, 09:28 AM
This is great Noah, I haven't used Painter much, but after seeing what (and how) you work some of your stuff, I've been inspired!

That picture is simply amazing!!!

RiffRaff
09-29-2003, 08:17 AM
wow man...that is badass.......keep em comin!
:applause:

olijosman
09-29-2003, 02:26 PM
HUUUUUF!! great work! I love it :applause:

Mindgem
09-29-2003, 04:56 PM
A beautiful painting, i just wish she had her left eye attached.

Ech0
09-29-2003, 06:28 PM
the way you build you colors is great how do you do it ive seen many painter artits acheive a nice build of colors when the paint i cant seem to figure it out whats the secret

lildragon
10-05-2003, 12:34 PM
Compelling piece, I think the main reason why some peeps won't catch what she's doing is because her left hand isn't very prominent, it just kinda blends into her a bit. It's an excellent piece of work tho, love the "unfinished" look you have there.

You have received the CGtalk choice award .Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Great work!

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame (http://gallery.cgtalk.com) - which you are now placed

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/cgtalk_award_sept03_2.jpg

P.S. Please email me @ tito@cgnetworks.com so I can send you the award .psd file

salud

Hwang
10-10-2003, 07:44 PM
Woah!! nice work!!
A little bit static but very good drawing!:thumbsup:

facial
10-15-2003, 09:21 AM
:thumbsup:
As good as the works which i saw bwfore.

Ghostever
10-15-2003, 09:46 AM
heyhey~ awesome guy.now i think u need a personal website to show all works of urs.
:beer: The billboard of our own coming soon! I waiting for ur surpport,man!

Yukimushu
10-15-2003, 03:11 PM
all i can say is f**king incredible. v.nice!

cyrenevjacob
10-20-2003, 10:43 AM
Great work! But she does look like she got bruised or something and lost her eye!...otherwise she's awesome!!:thumbsup:

-=[RoX]=-
10-20-2003, 11:38 AM
holy shit.
looks very nice.

greets
RoX

cuse
10-21-2003, 10:37 AM
awesomeness.

cuse

Climax
10-24-2003, 11:59 PM
If u hadn't say that u had problems with the painting, i wouldn't notice, It remembers me of the old Heavy Metal magazine illustrations Cool!

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.