PDA

View Full Version : my homepage's logo

lazybones
09-27-2003, 07:42 AM
:hmm:

klingspor
09-27-2003, 12:51 PM
Well, what about it? :rolleyes:

If it's critiques that you want, then let me state the following: A good logo is clearly recogniseable and memorable - think Apple, Mercedes or IBM. In your logo on the other hand, I can't make out a single thing... it looks like a few paint splotches with a silvery layer effect.
Also it has some bad aliasing and strange "artefacts" all over it.

If I were you, I'd start from scratch and use a program suited for logo design, such as Illustrator or Freehand. Photoshop may be used for just about everything, but logo design is not one of those...

dg
09-29-2003, 08:32 AM
Hi :)

I have to agree with stefanminning, that insn't a logo, logos should be simple as possible (at least for me), and when your are designing a logo you must consider a bunch of other stuff too.

- How he will look in a Fax cover?
- B/W, Mono, Duo, Quadrichromatic versions
- How it will look at diferent sizes?
- How it will look from diferent angles of view?
- Meaning of the colors?
- And many, many, many other things :)

Good luck,
See ya! :thumbsup:

bumskee
09-29-2003, 11:30 PM
true, PS can make things look good or even tempt you to apply sick filters and so on. But reality is you most likely will need to print it in the future. in which case you need to make it either huge in the begining (which i doubt) or make it all over again for a specific size. it will be ugly, so like what others said try using illustrator, free hand or flash.

of course these are only guidelines which can be bent or even broken, but following these will get you somewhere safe.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.