PDA

View Full Version : Character: A new head for normalmap generation and showreel

Skurken
09-27-2003, 03:23 AM
Hi all!
It has been several months since my last post

well here's one anyways...

I want you guys to slaughter it... really! anything you can come up with! Though this is a a work in progress (and I've only worked on it for 3 days and using NO references), your input would be greatly appreciated (I hope my spelling is correct)!!

I'm working on these areas as we "speak"...

http://users.du.se/~d98cst/images/3D/ToFixThisWeekend.jpg

http://users.du.se/~d98cst/images/3D/headWIP_04_wire.jpg

Skurken
09-27-2003, 05:15 AM
Dhoh!!
this is my 2:nd try to post... (the m... f... bailed on me) I hate using f#¤¤¤ing windows
http://users.du.se/~d98cst/images/3D/headWIP_05_wire.jpg

Please don't rant about the edgeloops... I'll fix those quite instantly actually...
What I'm looking for is, well, diss at general proportions, general look and well everything else that comes to mind... Except the edgeloops..... :)

Skurken
09-27-2003, 06:55 AM
C'mon boyz 'n girlz!

I need this... how else will I improve?

please.. please.... please :)

rebo
09-28-2003, 06:17 AM
I think the problem is that you are distressing (making dents in) the face without any idea why they might appear, for instance the vertical indentations in his eyebrow/forehead region. Why does he have those, is he old or has he been in a really bad fight, its hard to tell what impression you want to create.

Just because you can make really high res adjustments to a model via model maps doesnt mean you just smash up your model with abandon.

If hes old do some research old old ppls skin, if hes been in a fight then concentrate your bumps to certain areas, if hes a zombie then well maybe you got it right in the first place :).

Please dont take the above as an insult you are a better modeller than me anyway =P.

Proportion wise it looks ok, i think u need to recenter the eyeballs, and the eye lid looks to thick at the end closest to the nose bridge.

Skurken
09-28-2003, 11:49 AM
Thanks for your reply!

don't worry about the insult thingie (none taken).. This is exactly what I want for critiques. :)

I agree with you and I'll start on refinements as you suggested.

He's supposed to be a soldier (I will make scar tissues and such later on), but I think I have to rework some of it, as you said.

thanks!

daniella3d
09-29-2003, 04:34 PM
it look pretty good overall. it is a little bumpy that once textured it might just add some realism. the crack in the chin is a little too sharp and should be smoothed. the eye do not seem centered and the eye lid is going inside of them a little.

The inside of the ear looks a bit wierd but not sure what's the problem them. Maybe looking at an anatomy book or online you should be able to find some good reference for it.

the ear lobe? thick bottom part, looks a tiny bit too thick and wide.

daniella3d
09-29-2003, 04:36 PM
one last thing. I really like that you have recessed the eye center but I think it is a bit too much raised. Maybe make it not flat but not so much raised.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.