PDA

View Full Version : Low poly human model...

Loveless
05-27-2002, 10:42 PM
..eeek. Sorta ****s. This guy DOES NOT HAVE TEXTURES YET. They will be on him in a month :). He's 3950, pretty frickin high, but I like him ok. This is my first human low poly model....its evolved quite a bit if any of you saw my old version. Rendered in lightwave, modelled with Wings3d

Parasite7
05-28-2002, 12:20 AM
i think the first thing you should do is study anatomy. the proportions are off. go online and get some pics for reference. post wireframe so i can see wut u need to reduce

Loveless
05-28-2002, 01:18 AM
I'm sort of a rookie, porportions didn't matter to me in this model, and I'm just starting a new one.....I can't post a wire right now..... but actually ,you can see all my stuff here: http://www.cgchat.com/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5852

it has wireframe. Thanks for your help :)

MosaFacku
05-28-2002, 02:34 AM
porportions should matter at any level man. you'll appreciate it later. even if u are going for exaggeration.

Loveless
05-28-2002, 03:50 AM
Ok...i know my proportions are of...but any other comments..?

SeanW
05-28-2002, 08:47 AM
The most important thing is getting used to 3d and getting a feeling of how it works, its ok proportions took a back seat. Now that you have tested the water a little you can now tweek things keeping proportions in mind.

MosaFacku
05-28-2002, 06:54 PM
other than what we all have mentioned, its pretty cool for your first model. especially if you're teaching yourself.

Whirlwind
05-28-2002, 07:08 PM
As your first model I think your off to a good start. 3950 is way too high though. I say you could probly do him, without loseing any detail in about 1500 or less. I honestly think what would really help you has already been mention. Reference. Reference everything. Clothing, anatomy, sunglasses, hair, everything you can to make your job easier and faster. I rarely build models anymore that doesn't have some, if not all aspects of referenced material. I'm not saying copy it, just keep at your side as a helpful reminder. The problem with modeling any human figure is we all have an ideal picture in our head of how a person should look. Nine times out of ten, we're all wrong. So I say, don't get discouraged and keep modeling. :thumbsup:

Loveless
05-28-2002, 10:39 PM
Yeah, I totally agree with you guys. My hair is like, 660 polygons (I just make some cuts and extruded) my glasses are like, 200, belt is 200, hands are 250+, feet are 150+, shoulder pad and holder are like 200. Lousy man, lousy :)

Still at School Supposed to be Researching Memphis,
- Derek

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.