PDA

View Full Version : Scene suddenly renders extremely slowly!?

Tedyous
08-10-2010, 06:51 AM
I am working on a somewhat complex scene (many objects). So far, when I rendered the test-renders it rendered pretty fast. Now suddenly rendering became extremely slow.

What/s the most surprising is that it is very slow even though I hide all other layers, so that only the object I need to test is rendered...

DutchDimension
08-10-2010, 07:16 AM
Create an entirely new scene and export the old one into it.

Tedyous
08-10-2010, 08:12 AM
Does the renderer (if the scene is otherwise ok) consider the hidden layers in any way?

"Create an entirely new scene and export the old one into it."

Whats the best way to do that? Do I need to use the export command? I am always afraid to do that kind of thing, as I always think sth will disappear from the scene. I have already tried to copy the objects in question into the new scene, and it rendered extremely fast, but the problem is that the pasted materials get that "pasted_" prefix in their name.

Tedyous
08-10-2010, 12:12 PM
Now I cleaned up the scene using different methods (Optimize scene size...) and then finally exported the entire scene into a new .mb file (I used this particular command the first time). Now it all seems a lot quicker (although one simple object alone still renders a bit unusually slowly).

Thank you!

CGTalk Moderation
08-10-2010, 12:12 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.