PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Only Lights - Their shadows are red

JaredTaylor
08-08-2010, 10:46 PM
The edge of the shadows of my shadow only light are red. I've tried remaking the light but it's always the same.

If I disconnect the black body or set color to plain white then it goes away, but I want colored lights with black shadows.

http://i38.tinypic.com/1p8qjp.jpg

mister3d
08-08-2010, 11:39 PM
I don't know, but it looks like something with gamma. Try making your render buffer working in the float values.

sundialsvc4
08-08-2010, 11:43 PM
That does seem quite likely...

From a "purely digital" point of view, both the lights and the shadow-lights are going to be "contributing a field of (R,G,B,A) color-values," and those two fields are going to be combined in some way. The question is, "how." Depending on how the computer is trying to do it right now, a color-cast could result. If the workflow is not linear, the effect could be much more counter-intuitive (and pronounced).

First, make sure that the workflow really is linear. Then, plan to use rendering nodes to specify exactly how the "shadow" channel is combined into the existing image data.

CGTalk Moderation
08-08-2010, 11:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.