PDA

View Full Version : Ways of posing characters

Roninfang
08-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Wanted to ask aside from rigging the character by making a skeleton then binding it to the character in maya is there any other easier ways of posing a just character i am not planning to animate the character anyways because animation isnt my strong point just want to give it a more dramatic pose and show the model its animation friendly? because this current method i know kinda takes to long

also wanted to ask the some say it is not advisable to smooth the model

but what if i wanted to model to be smoother , less harder

aside from applying smooth option what else can i do?

currently what i do is hit "2" keyboard on poly meshes that i want to be smooth when rendered
is it advisable to do that? or not or its better to just smooth the model instead?

JustinPunio
08-13-2010, 11:14 PM
'musta! :D

hm, do you have zbrush? I usually pose all my models in there, its a heck of lot easier especially if you have the transpose master which combines all your tools together and once you're finished posing you can reset so you can continue modeling seperately... if not, I think your would have to rig/bind it especially if you want smooth bends when you pose it. But that takes so long, if you can, zbrush will be a matter of 2 minutes...

Other than that pressing 2 is just a preview, you hit 1 and it goes back. Its a good way to preview your model, just smooth at the end when you're done.

Roninfang
08-14-2010, 06:56 AM
Yes i have zbrush 3.1 and 3.5r2 but just started learning zbrush roughly 1 month ago so kinda new to zbrush

CGTalk Moderation
08-14-2010, 06:56 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.