PDA

View Full Version : camera shake how to?

RAINpit
09-26-2003, 01:56 PM
hy ppl
just a simple question:
how in the world can i create a "natural" camera shake in combustion?
digital fusion has a operator called "camera shake"
but i haven't found anything similar in combustion
does anybody know a solution?

dfusion
09-26-2003, 11:02 PM
I'm not in front of Combustion right now so I cannot try this, but if you can parent the camera to a null object then animate the null that would do the trick.

Chris
09-27-2003, 04:12 AM
theres no automatic way, however you can use the tracker to speed the process up. Either track some still object, just to create keyframes, then use the math - randomise function to get some shake. Another cool way is to draw a dot on a bit of paper, & film a few seconds on a DVcam, then import that to combustion & track the dot.

RAINpit
09-27-2003, 08:14 AM
roger that guyz
thnx

Oxide
09-27-2003, 08:37 PM
This will prob. be easy in C3 using expressions...

dmeyer
09-27-2003, 11:42 PM
Another cool trick if you need camera shake in 3d...we used this once to great affect when a running guy's point of view shot was needed.

Get handheld miniDV cam and run down street..prefereably a street with a lot of objects in it. Track footage with boujou, export to maya. :buttrock:

dfusion
09-28-2003, 01:50 AM
I forgot to mention if you have a way of using Digieffects Delerium it has a Camera Shake plugin.

daysleeper
10-06-2003, 03:33 AM
there is a Plug-in ... called ...
DigiEffects>Aurorix 2>AE Earthquake ....
It's for AfterEffects but, I thing it will works :)
install it on Combustion Plug-in's folder ...

good luck :)

1armedScissor
10-15-2003, 09:20 PM
on your x and y position channels add a bunch of keyframes at randon intervals. Then select all the keys, and using "randomize" in the math operations menu you can control how much "randomness" you desire. Really easy, lots of control should take about 5 minutes to get some really decent results. you can also nest the comp and try applying motion blur to it as well, for the duration of the camera shake.

way cheaper than a plugin, and you can be finished sooner than it would take to install the plugin.

cheers!

Chris
10-16-2003, 02:12 AM
& now that Combustion 3 is out:

Camera Shake Expression: Assign the expression to any transform channel of an object (or any other channel for that matter) It creates a random shake, with an adjustable falloff in front & behind the peak.

warnings: the falloff variables (CShakeBRange etc) are touchy! adjust by small amounts...

Because the expression is 'random' it will play back different each time - if you want it set, bake the expression.

http://www.martinsquare.co.nz/combustion/exp/CameraShake.cjs

dg
10-20-2003, 07:25 AM
Hi,

C3 has that and C2 also might handle that trough Math Operations, all you need to do is set a bunch of keyframes in X and Y, select them and use Math Operations > Randomize, after that you can set some parts of your keyframes to linear to give those hard shakes.
But play with delicacy, or your footage might run away :)

See ya! 8)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.