PDA

View Full Version : misss fastskin shader +render passes in maya 2010

snikt
08-06-2010, 07:29 AM
Hello,
I am trying to get render passes from misss fast skin shader and am not really been able to get it.Is it possible to achieve the sss passes of front /mid/back scatter.If anyone has a solution to it can you please share it.If I remember there was a old thread but have not been able to locate it.
I am currently trying this on Maya 2010.
Thanks.

bls
08-06-2010, 08:29 AM
First you gonna need a (misss_fast_shader_x_passes) shader.Also from mental ray miscellaneous, three (writeToColourBuffer) nodes.
Then from render settings go to passes tab and create 3 custom color passes,then rename each like diffuseColor , frontColor and backColor.
Now go again to hypershade and double click in the first WriteToColor buffer Node and in attribute editor in the Custom Color Pass list choose the diffuseColour that you created earlier.Do this for the next 2 buffers also but choose frontColour and backColour for each.
Ok next you have to connect them so middle click and drag from shader to first writeColorBuffer node and connect diffuse_result and color,
then middleclick again from shader to the second writeColorBuffer and connect front_result to color and the same for the third writeColorBuffer but now back_result to color.
And now you are ok.
Hope it helps
Good luck!!

snikt
08-06-2010, 07:27 PM
Hi bls,
Thanks for the reply.
Regards.
Snikt.

sharktacos
08-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Another option that will work with the misss_fast_skin_maya shader too (and every shader) is to create render layers for each attribute (diffuse, epi, subdermal, backscatter, spec) and then with overrides set the weights to zero on everything else in the shader for that layer. If you set the weight to 1 (=100%) on each attribute this will allow you to adjust this live in the comp rather than waiting for the render each time. Makes tweaking things a lot faster.

CGTalk Moderation
08-06-2010, 08:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.