PDA

View Full Version : Reaper style model

Finra
08-05-2010, 11:17 PM
Hello~

I'd like some help on how to make a 'particle-ized' reaper... a reaper that floats, not uncessarily the weapon but most important is the way it floats..how do I produce that in Maya 3D?

Its like very faint mist kinda...particle-like effect...

Anything would help!!!

Need this for my university assignment so I would be very very very grateful if I can get help asap.

Thanks in advance!

Finra

MrJuzah
11-09-2010, 10:01 PM
You could tackle it in a range of ways - Im also studying at uni so im by no means the most informed artist but I would look into either..

a) Model the reaper like a normal mesh and then use it as a container for particles (could be very time consuming going by my own tinkering)

b) Again, model the entire thing, and then give it the ghostly look in AfterEffects/nuke/your chosen post-production software.

Going by discussions with my tutors it is possible to animate a normal map, so perhaps if you were able to rustle up a cloudy texture, make a normal map of it, and animate it that way. I say this because i imagine option (A) would not give you the definition you'd want in the characters form, and a normal map would interact with the lighting and give the necessary shadows.

------------------

Though i do want to make it clear these are things which i've only considered doing theoretically, would help if someone could validate whether any are possible/worth pursuing.

~Jay

CGTalk Moderation
11-09-2010, 10:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.