PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with a tiny question

jdevlearning
08-04-2010, 05:26 PM
Hello.

I have question I was working with my character for many hours, saved it and the next day I get continue with my my model BUT I cant turn on the 3d edit mode, I pressed "T "or click on the icon but is disable and always say Zbrush u need 3d tool placed on the document but is there!!!. I dont know pls pls help

George

RichardMarklew
08-04-2010, 09:26 PM
Did you save your document (Document / Save Ctrl+S) or save your tool (Tool / Save as Ctrl+Shift+T)
If you saved as a document and then reopened you cannot go back to your 3d tool.
Did you draw your toll onto the canvas?
Try clearing the canvas (Ctrl+N) and redrawing your tool.

jdevlearning
08-04-2010, 10:46 PM
I Just saved the document.

jdevlearning
08-05-2010, 03:50 PM
Is mandatory save it as tool and place it over n over again on the doc?.I m newbie take me patience

ezekiel66
08-05-2010, 04:14 PM
To save the 3D model you have to save the tool. You have to place it manually in the viewport by clicking and dragging after you have loaded it. Press and hold the SHIFT key to properly align it.

If you have just saved the document I'm afraid that your 3d model (= tool) is lost. You have only saved a 2.5D snapshot of the model, not the model itself.

jdevlearning
08-05-2010, 06:10 PM
damn I think is little nasty to proceed in that way, but da rules r rules, dura lex. And why just open the document and working on it like 3DS max or photoshop???

CGTalk Moderation
08-05-2010, 06:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.