PDA

View Full Version : Entry-level 3D software

pdxuser3
08-04-2010, 03:16 AM
I'm wanting to create some simple, interesting 3D shapes for logos, and I'm looking for some competent entry-level software. Something with a learning curve that isn't too intimidating and that won't freeze non-gaming computer, but also won't make graphics that look like an early 90s computer game. Any ideas?

SicariusMortus
08-04-2010, 04:29 PM
I think there isn't really a program tailored to your needs, i'd say just try blender or something other free (or trials of more expensive programs) and start the included tutorials, they'll tell you all you need to know :)

SuperHero
08-04-2010, 07:54 PM
I think MOI (http://moi3d.com/) is what you are looking for ;)

sundialsvc4
08-04-2010, 07:56 PM
You might also find that some non-general-purpose package is available that will suit your needs. If what you want is "an animated logo," you might be very happy to find a tool that can do "that, and not much more," while holding down the learning-curve for you as low as possible. I've seen stuff like that even at an office-supply store.

The trouble with any program that is not "very purpose-driven" is that it has a learning curve to be dealt with. Blender certainly does. While you can certainly achieve mastery, you are going to go through a lot of learning curve to get there. (And mind you, I use Blender just about every day and have done so for years.) If what you are dealing with is a "lightweight" requirement that you know "has been done many times before," you ought to be able to find an inexpensive program that will do it "well enough."

CGTalk Moderation
08-04-2010, 07:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.