PDA

View Full Version : Questions from a beginner

samw
08-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Hi guys,

I'm a total beginner to 3ds max and 3d animation in general, and I have a few questions I've really been struggling with the technical aspects of the program. Im just used to 2d animation, simple frame by frame. Just so you know, im only focused on character animation right now. Ok:

1) Big problem is: how do i constrain the feet of a character from going through the floor all the time. On run cycles and steps and stuff, this is a huge problem since ive had to do it manually, can i do this automatically somehow?

2) Im using the Max character model which is great, but it has all the text tips around it and face controls on top, how do i hide these or delete these? When i hide the symbols the things that help me move the character also disappear.

3) I watched Jeff Liu's 3d animation tutorial, in that he uses Animation Master and he animates using bones. Can you animate the same way in 3ds max? I dont like using the circles and stuff (not sure what they're called).

Thanks a bunch! I will def. have more questions as i use this more.

CGTalk Moderation
08-03-2010, 09:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.