PDA

View Full Version : Custom Project Settings

sbjones25
08-03-2010, 05:14 PM
Hello All,
I am trying to develop a script that will allow me and my studio to change projects quickly and easily. However the catch is that with each project, the image file directory changes. So I canít just change the project directory. We donít use Mayaís custom file directory system because of our pipeline. After looking through all of the MEL and Python documentation, Iíve only found a MEL function that will allow you to change the project directory. I want to change the IMAGES directory directly. I really donít need to change the project directory settings. As you can see with the attached image, our pipeline is to type in the absolute path for the images directory. I want to simplify this process by making a script. So I guess my question is, how do I change the Images directory for a project, using MEL/Python script? Iím able to code everything else. It would surprise me if Autodesk left out a function of that sort in Maya 2011. Any and all help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Stephen
sjones@thedvigroup.com

fezz
08-04-2010, 12:10 AM
Take a look at the workspace command in the docs. If you open or create a workspace, pass it a custom images path with:

workspace -rt images $path;

CGTalk Moderation
08-04-2010, 12:10 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.