PDA

View Full Version : mental ray error code 041016

danlefeb
08-03-2010, 05:14 PM
Hello all. I'm going to throw this out there and see if anyone has come across this error code before because it's new to me.

Here's the background: I have a scene rendering with mental ray (FG) built primarily with mia_material_x_passes shaders, about twenty or so matte render layers and a few render passes (motion vectors, beauty, diffuse, spec, etc.) and some nParticles with instanced geometry. The scene has been rendering for 263 hours and 47 minutes so far with no issues. I've even taken some of the frames as they've been kicked out to composite together. Everything looks great.

Then all of a sudden the script editor tells me "Render Completed." I look at the render log and this is the error it gives me:

DB 0.2 fatal 041016: all tags in use, database is full
DB 0.5 fatal 041016: all tags in use, database is full
DB 0.7 fatal 041016: all tags in use, database is full
DB 0.6 fatal 041016: all tags in use, database is full
//Maya exited with status 1

I looked at the frame it crashed on and didn't notice anything special or different about that frame as opposed to those before it that have rendered fine. A search on the web doesn't come up with any results for 041016, so I thought I'd see if anyone had come across this and see if there were any suggestions on where to start troubleshooting this. Thanks!

danlefeb
08-03-2010, 06:01 PM
To update this, I'm running Maya 2011 Hotfix 2 x64 (mr version 3.8.1.26). I think I'm going to go ahead and update to Hotfix 3 while I have a break in my render, but nothing in the release notes for Hotfix 3 leads me to believe it'd fix this particular error.

CGTalk Moderation
08-03-2010, 06:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.