PDA

View Full Version : rendering vue 8.5-scene in autodesk maya

sunlite
08-03-2010, 03:19 PM
hi,

i got a little question. i have this eon vue xstream 8.5 and the necessary plugins for autodesk maya 2011. i created a scene with 50 frames in maya. for this i also used some stuff of vue xstream inside of maya (it's possible because of the vue xstream-maya plugins). so. everything worked fine. but when i try to batch-render out the scene with mental ray the maya-renderer tells me that after one frame everything is rendered out well. but i don't have any files. does anybody know how to render a maya-vue-scene out of maya?

thx

leonlabyk
08-03-2010, 06:22 PM
I have found rendering inside maya to be a nightmare with crazy render times, lots of crashing and a host of other problems. I have been trying to import all of my objects from maya into vue along with the camera set ups. I finally managed to import the camera into vue but am now having problems exporting the animated objects. I have managed to save some of them out as dae files with the appropriate keys and they are importing into vue with the animation on but are in a totally different place. I hope you have more luck than me but I am yet to find a good workflow for vue. Be great if they release an update in a few versions time that allowed you to open files from other 3d apps directly into vue.
My advice would be to look into using the camera sync tools to export your camera from maya into vue and make sure that once you get the camera into vue set the scale down to 1. Then look into exporting your animation from maya as a dae file to be imported into maya. If you have created your animation using curves though as I have you may well have to give up on this and carry on trying to get things working with mental ray.

Good luck

sunlite
08-04-2010, 09:01 PM
actually, that sounds like eon-software needs a lot to do with their vue xstream. but i wonder like the guys from rythm and hues as well as the guys who created the digitally island of "pirates of the carribean" handeled this problem.
hmm. i don't know. my workflow is a little bit different then yours (leonlabyk). i create the whole scene in maya. that means the whole environment plus some objects of maya. i didn't check out what happens if i move some of my objects. i only moved the camera right now. so. i saved the whole scene as a vue-scene and i exported the camera-moves to this scene. when i open the whole scene in vue then i see all my stuff except this objects which i created with maya.
for that i have a little workaround. all these objects i export as obj or something similar (like dae). then i create a new vue-cube within maya and put this cube exactly on this place where my maya-objects are. i scale it till the objects matches. then i save it again and now i have all the vue-objects in vue. there i "replace the vue-cube" to my original obj or dae- maya-object-file. with that i can get sure that the objects are nearly exact on this position where they should be. maybe this will work with animated objects to. if you have it on the first frame and there you put over a vue-cube then. in put your slider on frame 0 or 1 and replace the cube-object to your animated object.

;) also good luck while finding the best workflow. but please let me know if it works for you

sunlite
08-05-2010, 07:24 PM
ok guys. it perfectly works now. i can render all the stuff out of maya (mental ray and software-renderer). the only thing i needed was the latest maya-vue-plugin. no problems anymore.

and it renders more or less fast with maya 2011 and vue xstream 8.5.

CGTalk Moderation
08-05-2010, 07:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.