PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop CS3 3D objects

Jaxko
08-02-2010, 11:31 PM
how do you import a 3D object into photoshop and keep the lights from the 3D file?

I have the obj file and can import it fine but it has default lights which makes the lighting completely wrong, im not sure how to keep the lights that I already created in the scene be in the .obj file.

regards, Jack.

Creeto
08-03-2010, 09:24 AM
i might be totally wrong but afaik the lights are part of the scene and not the object but it's easy to re-light in PS

if you need complex lights, why not just render and use the picture?

Jaxko
08-03-2010, 10:51 AM
i might be totally wrong but afaik the lights are part of the scene and not the object but it's easy to re-light in PS

if you need complex lights, why not just render and use the picture?

thanks for the reply,
rendering the picture out is probably a good idea, although it is at a very precise and awkward angle which is easier to align in photoshop.

Jack.

cgbeige
08-03-2010, 11:09 PM
OBJs don't contain light data. Try .DAE (Collada) and export the light info. I just tried it from Maya and it works fine.

Jaxko
08-04-2010, 01:15 AM
Thanks guys, I ended up manually rotating my file in maya to get it at the right angle and then just render it with mental ray, its slightly off but ive fixed it up.

CGTalk Moderation
08-04-2010, 01:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.