PDA

View Full Version : August's Challenge

Splinter
08-02-2010, 05:04 PM
Animation Mini-Challenge: August

Hi everyone!
It's August 2nd and time to start fresh on a whole new challenge.

This month we'll have an opportunity to choose from two different projects. If you like you can choose to animate to the audio clip provided, or the non-audio topic.

The Pantomime topic for the month of August is:
Rock climbing

The rules for the Pantomime challenge are:

1. Make all the WIPS in Playblast form, then if you choose you can create your final piece in a more robust renderer (NOT necessary, you can still post the final with a playblast).
2. All animations should last at least 10 seconds long, that way there will be more clarity with what is going on.
3. All animations should last NO longer than 12 Seconds.
4. Title your thread using this format: Pantomime:August_YourName
5. All participants must show there work-in-progress before posting the final.
6. DO NOT add any audio.
7. HAVE FUN!!!:thumbsup:

The Audio Clip (Here (http://www.moviesoundclips.net/movies1/pirates3/gone.mp3)) Note: R-Click the link then save link as… to download the audio clip.

Pirates of the Caribbean - At World's End
Captain Jack Sparrow:"Mr Gibbs, any particular reason why my ship is gone?"
Mr Gibbs:"The ship? We're on the ship. Jack! The ship's gone!"
Captain Jack Sparrow:"Really?!"

Rules for the Audio clip are as follows:

1. Make all the WIPS in Playblast form, then if you choose you can create your final piece in a more robust renderer (NOT necessary, you can still post the final with a playblast).
2. Title your thread using this format: Audio:August_YourName
3. All participants must show there work-in-progress before posting the final.
4. HAVE FUN!!!:thumbsup:

valentious
08-08-2010, 11:00 AM
Where Do We Start Posting Our Work
>>>

Splinter
08-09-2010, 04:04 PM
All you have to do is go to the main Animation Board (HERE). Then post a new thread title the thread using this format Pantomime:August_YourName or Audio:August_YourName.

Splinter
08-11-2010, 02:29 AM
Sorry everyone,

It has been brought to my attention in an other thread, that I forgot to post the deadline for the challenge this month. I'm going to try stay more on top of this stuff.

So here it is:

August 31st, @ Midnight GMT -7:00 Mountain Time (US and Canada)

Sorry. Have fun everyone!!!

supermanV
08-11-2010, 02:55 PM
Great topic of my choice got picked up, wanted to do this topic from a long time.Looking forward to see more of rock climbing animation. but iam on the move these days and hope can do something on my laptop. :)

just wanted to know if any particular or recommended rigs to be used ?

thanks

CGTalk Moderation
08-11-2010, 02:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.