PDA

View Full Version : Anyone was at Caustic booth?

simonenastasi
08-01-2010, 01:50 PM
What was shown? Any nice demos?

japetus
08-02-2010, 05:48 PM
Good question, I'd like to know too as a Brazil user. Now that everyone and their mother has realtime renderers coming out they need a much better looking demo IMO. This is what Alex Kelley announced on the forums, and I'm assuming the same thing was stated at SIGGRAPH:

Today we are announcing Brazil for Developers™ — a real-time, fully interactive renderer for a wide range of 3D graphics applications. For the first time, developers will be able to incorporate the look and photorealism of Brazil directly into their 3D graphics applications, with the tremendous enhancement of real-time, interactive scene manipulation. The Brazil renderer was rewritten from the ground up to leverage OpenRL™ (Open Ray tracing Library) for standardized access to a wide range of graphics devices from AMD®, Intel®, and NVIDIA®, as well as Caustic Graphics. You can find further information on Brazil for Developers on our website beginning this evening. Moreover, if you're attending SIGGRAPH then please stop by our booth beginning tomorrow to view Brazil for Developers first hand.

At the same time, we are initiating a No New Feature (NNF) policy with Brazil 2.x for both Autodesk 3dsMax and McNeil and Associates Rhino, effective today. Our NNF policy for Brazil was initiated to allow the SplutterFish team to completely focus on improving Brazil for Developers and deploying it in as many applications as possible. If you have a favorite application that you would like to see begin leveraging Brazil for Developers, then please let me know and I'll follow up with the application creators.

Our new policy for Brazil 2.x differs from an End of Life (EOL) process because we are committed to continue to maintain Brazil 2.x, so that it supports current and future versions of Windows, 3dsMax, and Rhino. Moreover we are committed to releasing Brazil 2.1 on Rhino. In addition, at our sole discretion, we will continue to fix bugs that affect the performance or operation of Brazil 2.x.

CGTalk Moderation
08-02-2010, 05:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.