PDA

View Full Version : About me and Vancouver Film School

cbertazzi
07-28-2010, 11:56 AM
Hi guys,
a little introduction about me, I'm from Brazil and I've been living in Australia since 2008.
My first contact with 3d animation was in 2006/07 when I studied at Melies Animation School in Brazil.
The thing is, I believe its time for me to really get into it, and from all I heard (my focus is on Animation) VSF is one of the best schools in the world for that.
I heard so many good things about it that I'm really excited about the idea of moving to Canada. (great country and great ppl by the way).

Ok, lets go to the point. The fees, I dont think I can pay them by myself in 2 years (I'm thinking 1 year for Foundation and 1 for 3D Animation).
Moving to Canada will cut my income, since I cant get a job with a student visa.
My parents can help me out a bit, but still I need something safe before going there.
Is there any way I can pay the school in 3 or 4 years?
Any Financial Aid I can get anywhere?
Oh, I have an Italian Citizenship if that helps.

Thanks a lot,
:)

cbertazzi
07-28-2010, 12:35 PM
I didn't see the other topic about the VFS.
I'm trying to find some answers there but there are 93 pages. :p

succuby
07-28-2010, 06:48 PM
hey there, i'm almost finishing 3d animation and vfx program and i can tell that if you already got some experience and you know exactly what you want. go straight to 3d animation program. In the first 3 months you are presented to pretty much everything from the basics.

cbertazzi
07-29-2010, 09:26 AM
hey there, i'm almost finishing 3d animation and vfx program and i can tell that if you already got some experience and you know exactly what you want. go straight to 3d animation program. In the first 3 months you are presented to pretty much everything from the basics.

But I heard that if i get a 2 year course I can work while I'm studying, is that correct?

I've sent an email to the school asking about the payments but no response yet, if somebody knows anythings just let me know

thanks

googboog8
07-30-2010, 11:20 AM
But I heard that if i get a 2 year course I can work while I'm studying, is that correct?

I've sent an email to the school asking about the payments but no response yet, if somebody knows anythings just let me know

thanks
there is no 2 year course, you will be doing 2 1 year courses if you do the foundation and the 3d programs

also, the 3d program is VERY intense, i don't think you''ll have time to work and study. i have not seen any student from vfs do that.

CGTalk Moderation
07-30-2010, 11:20 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.