PDA

View Full Version : ATI responds to mac modeler crash bug - fix soon!

ages
09-25-2003, 05:14 AM
" The specific problem was identified by our engineers and it affects RADEON 8500, RADEON 9000 and MOBILITY RADEON 9000. It has been fixed for both Mac OS X 10.2.6 and 10.2.8 release streams and is undergoing additional testing. This fix will make its way onto the ATI.COM web site as a "hotfix" - it will be a single component installation affecting only the above-mentioned chips. Only people affected by this specific problem need to download the update. Another news posting will come when the file is ready for the web. "
------------------------------

taken from xlr8yourmac (http://www.xlr8yourmac.com)

huh?
09-27-2003, 11:13 AM
yeah well...

I just checked their site and I still can't find any fix....

:annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed:

Their latest driver only supports osX up to osX2.2 (were at 2.6 now)

I wish they'd put an nvidea card in my new mac!

RedEye01
10-02-2003, 02:45 PM
You know it's a sad thing. I own a killer 1.25Ghz mac and I had to buy an AMD based system so I could use a Geforce FX1000 to do heaver hitting 3D work. If it wasn't for the lack of high end graphics card support for the Mac, I'd turn my tower pc into my cats litterbox. The day Apple and the high end card makers get it together will be the day I break out the kitty litter.

Zarathustra
10-02-2003, 05:58 PM
3D Labs talks with Apple (http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11609)

Maybe there will be high end cards in the near future. I think the G5 has great potential, but it'll take about a year before most companies act on it.

For software, the new Adobe stuff is optimized. Maybe LW8 will be, too.

It took a year for it to be practical for OSX to become my main OS (LW, PS and AE made that happen). I think it'll take a year for a G5 switch to be viable, although it's killing me having only a 2X AGP port and this damn Radeon card.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.