PDA

View Full Version : Unusual Bone Setup

new2rigging
07-28-2010, 07:06 AM
can anyone here tell me how to setup this kind of Bone Structure.
please have a look at the attachments and please tell me that how can i setup the skeleton as it is in the picture.

Darksuit
07-28-2010, 04:05 PM
just looks like its nothing more than a Double knee (two joints for the knee), a Y split for the arms, Missing a clavicle joints (problem!), and the Neck joint is Parented to a box that is acting as a control that is then parented to the spine ( this works just fine).

new2rigging
07-28-2010, 06:52 PM
by the way, darksuit what do you mean by Y split for the arms.
waiting for the reply.

Darksuit
07-28-2010, 07:11 PM
if you look at the chest section. You see the Y shape that is formed from parenting the Arms to the mid chest.

The more typical approach is to parent the arms to a clavicle joint One on each side of the body then parent the clavicles to the Chest Joint. This helps to simulate a Rib cage, as it prevents un-natural movement across the chest. If you put a little bit of wieght of the clavicle to the front of the model it helps to simulate the muscle movement of the pectoral muscle without having to add in a lot of extra bones or do anything fancy.

There is also a lot of discussion on where the "right" place to put the clavicle is. In truth the place to put it, is where is works for you and your model. For some people that is close to the spine, there was a guy here who did a cross clavicle, my spot of choice is 50% between the shoulder and the spine.

Experiment and know what works for you and your rigs. And know why it is working.

new2rigging
07-29-2010, 01:20 PM
hey thanks a lot for this information.
it was really helpful.
thanks..:applause:

CGTalk Moderation
07-29-2010, 01:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.