PDA

View Full Version : copy brush strokes?

albynism
07-28-2010, 01:32 AM
Is there a way to copy brush strokes?
For example. I sculpted some creases on a knuckle on a hand and I want to copy that creases to the other knuckles. What would be the best way to do that?
Thank you in advance.

Rectro
07-28-2010, 09:26 AM
After making a stoke, dont rotate or doing anything els, and just keep press Ctrl + 1, and your stroke will repeat over and over again. This of course sculpts in the same location. To get this to work for the other side, you need to work on a symetrical model with X symmetry on.

Failing that make a alpha which contains the nuckle creases, then apply it on the other side with the drag rec stroke. If you do have a symmetrical model, and forgot to enable X symmetry you can use smart resym in the deformation pallet, located to the right of the UI. If you do this, and need more help on how,let me know.

ezekiel66
07-28-2010, 02:01 PM
You could use custom made alpha brushes in dragrect mode as Tecy has already mentioned.

Or you could use projection master. In the viewport, navigate to the area of your model where you want to clone something. Position the viewport camera so it is positioned as perpendicular to the surface as possible (since you will be cloning in a 2D mode and do not want any distortions to be happening due to bad perspective).

Click the projection master button, activate the "deformation" checkbox, then click "drop now". In this mode, activate the ClonerBrush. CTRL-click on the area you want to copy, the click-drag to clone this area.

Click the projection master button again and choose "pickup now". Your deformations will be applied to the 3d object.

albynism
07-29-2010, 01:07 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to try the projection/clone brush method and see if that works. also thanks for the ctrl-1 tip. I never knew that.

CGTalk Moderation
07-29-2010, 01:07 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.