PDA

View Full Version : Exporting cameras

leonlabyk
07-27-2010, 03:29 PM
I have set up an animated camera in maya and am wanting to render with vue. This is due to mental ray struggling, as I am able to render at 1 min a frame on draft settings but the moment I start increasing anything in order to get what I require the times jump to 45 mins. I am looking at 5 mins a frame for 720p with vue's render with high settings but need to be able to import my camera into vue. The camera is set up on a curve using locators and so vue may not be able to read this. If it can this would solve my problem as I could render what I need with vue. If someone could let me know how I go about this it would be great.

leonlabyk
07-28-2010, 07:41 AM
Ok I managed to bake the animation to my camera and used the vuesynch plugin. Only problem is when I import the synchronization data and attach it to my camera in vue the camera has moved miles from where it should be located. I reduced the scale to 1 but it is not where it should be. I am starting to think I may be best off simply using vue for still frames.

If anyone could advise, also it would be good to know any recommendations regarding other software for animating landscapes.

CGTalk Moderation
07-28-2010, 07:41 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.