PDA

View Full Version : environment issues

vallaha
07-27-2010, 11:07 AM
i need my rendered environment to be black but its white. i change my cameras environment setting to black but i still see rendered white environment. this only happens with a batch render. single frame renders are fine. can you help?

JohnP10
07-27-2010, 06:24 PM
I think what you are seeing is the alpha. The background color doesn't actually render out, its just for viewing purposes within Maya. In Windows, any image alpha is displayed as white. You need to composite it in a program like After Effects (or Photoshop for single frame renders). You could then put a black background in a layer behind it.

If you don't have one of those programs and want an alternative way to make a black background within Maya, make a huge poly plane facing the camera and assign a black surface shader to it, placing it in the background.

Take note of the little beachball icon and the white circle icon next to it on the top of your render view window. The white button displays your alpha channel. If you click it, anything that is Black is alpha and completely transparent in your render.

CGTalk Moderation
07-27-2010, 06:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.