PDA

View Full Version : Vortex and Gravity

SuperSlayer
07-27-2010, 06:13 AM
Has anyone had any interest in these two forces and the particles? I'm a big cosmology fan, so I couldn't resist making my own galaxy using these. It took me a long while to pinpoint the right balance between the two, but I think I'm on to something. Prior I had tried using just Wind, then all three, but ended up using only Vortex and Gravity.

I'll upload a test video and my setup if there's any interest.

Rayko
07-27-2010, 02:09 PM
interested for sure, can't wait to see!

keep up the good work!

DrWeeny
07-27-2010, 04:05 PM
Sure, I tried with a speed by icon link to a circle without success.
It will be great to see your technique

BrandonD
07-27-2010, 04:26 PM
It can take a while to spin-up a swirling galaxy-style particle animation, so Initial State was added, allowing PFlow to capture a snapshot of the particles (position, velocity, etc). Spin up a galaxy, save out an initial state, then read that into a new flow with different settings and experiment.

FWIW, back in the 90s, doing goofy Discovery Channel shows it was nearly unheard of to be pre-rolling galaxy style animations. We'd cheat by birthing particles into the volume of a spiral galaxy mesh ;)

CGTalk Moderation
07-27-2010, 04:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.