PDA

View Full Version : (krakatoa) Lighting an object with the light coming from particles

Rayko
07-26-2010, 01:26 PM
Well as the title says...

I know it's possible to make your particles cast shadows, but can I also make it possible to have my particles "emission" cast light onto an object when they are near the object?

Also if possible, can anyone give me a detailed explanation on how I could go about this?

Thanks!

Bobo
07-26-2010, 08:50 PM
Well as the title says...

I know it's possible to make your particles cast shadows, but can I also make it possible to have my particles "emission" cast light onto an object when they are near the object?

Also if possible, can anyone give me a detailed explanation on how I could go about this?

Thanks!

Not in the current version of Krakatoa.
We have discussed adding support for particle Emission affecting other particles, which would go a long way towards what you want - you would need to turn your object into a PRT Volume and let the Emission of other particles light your "particle object". Unfortunately, we have run out of time for 1.6.0 so this feature did not make it this dev. round, but we hope it will come in the future...

CGTalk Moderation
07-26-2010, 08:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.