PDA

View Full Version : Ik Fk Snap

new2rigging
07-25-2010, 05:49 PM
please tell me one thing that how can i achieve an ik-fk snap in arm. i have done the ik-fk switch. but now i want to have it snap. so how can i do ik-fk snap. please suggest me some ways.
thanks.

donrodman3
07-25-2010, 09:29 PM
Hey man, it all depends on your rigging setup.
Why do you want to be able to snap from one to the other anyway?
If you want to the IK switch really does make a smooth movement from IK to FK and visa versa.

Eagerly awaiting your reply.

Donrodman3.
Here to H3LP.

royg
07-26-2010, 07:35 AM
He means a seamless switch where there is no movement of the limb when you make the switch.

instruct9r
07-26-2010, 12:35 PM
Hey new2rigging

The only way i woud suggest to you is with script. Simply make a script that will get the current World Position of the FK wrist joint and then apply it to the IK control's world position. About the Pole Vector for the IK Arm.. i woud suggest you parent a locator in the FK Elbow and when you want to do the switch simply do the same. Get the position of that locator and apply it to the IK Pole Vector control so it can orient the elbow to the right direction.

Other than that i don't think you can do it without any scripting...

Denis.

new2rigging
07-26-2010, 04:55 PM
@ donrodman3.
yup royg is right. i want a seamless switch between the ik and the fk where there will be no changing of position of the arm when i go between ik and fk mode.
the arm will stay in its own place but the mode will change from ik to fk. and thats why i need a ik-fk snap. which i dont know how to setup.:banghead:

new2rigging
07-26-2010, 05:04 PM
@Denis.
can you please be more specific and tell me in details what your telling regarding the steps of the ik-fk snap setup.

thanks in advance.

CGTalk Moderation
07-26-2010, 05:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.