PDA

View Full Version : renderman and shave and hair

yogeshsherman
07-23-2010, 07:29 PM
Hi

I am trying to render shave and hair using PRMAN (renderman studio)unfortunatelly I am facing following problems .Hope people in this forum would help me in resolving the following issues.

# When I am rendering instance geometry with Prman it gives white output for object (instance geometry )and not considering shader which is applied to s"have display "node.but works fine with MR and Maya software renderer.How does people render foilage made with shave and hair through Prman.
# Rendering in layers is not supported with Prman.
# Light linking is not obeyed with PRMAN(all the lights gets calculated for fur while rendering)

Please provide some solution for this issues.

andyG3D
07-23-2010, 07:53 PM
Are you using the Renderman for Maya plugin, or the full version of Renderman Studio? I'm pretty sure that Shave is not supported in PRman for Maya the plugin, but will work in the full Studio version. I could be wrong, but I thought that's the way it was.

yogeshsherman
07-24-2010, 01:56 PM
There is an option in shave global "Renderman-Global RIB Text" but I have no idea how to use this option ,I mean the syntax.

fezz
07-24-2010, 03:12 PM
Shave doesn't support light linking, and if your shave node isn't using the shader applied to it, make sure the shader override checkbox is off in your hairShape node and also that the shader you are using is properly installed in your prman shader path.

yogeshsherman
07-25-2010, 10:03 AM
Can I apply Maya's default shader such as lambert,blinn on the instance geometry and render it through Prman

CGTalk Moderation
07-25-2010, 10:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.