PDA

View Full Version : Enchanted Forest-2d environment-wildsheepchase

wildsheepchase
05-27-2002, 07:42 AM
Hello!
This is my first post. My entry still needs a lot of work, but I wanted to get my thread started. I still intend to add a lot of detail to the trees, some other types of vegetation, and possibly some small creatures. Also, the water will be toned down.
Any comments are appreciated!
Thanks!

wildsheepchase
05-27-2002, 09:58 AM
Here's an update...

Sangotten
05-27-2002, 01:50 PM
hmmmm strange!:hmm:

It's a weird style you've got going there, it's kinda 70's....
I'm not sure how this is gonna work out, so I'm following you!!!
;)

Anyway, keep it coming

elfufu
05-27-2002, 09:19 PM
this ones 70s funk :cool:

wildsheepchase
05-27-2002, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the replies! I think it's probably the color pallette making it look so funky....in the final image, it should be much more subdued. I'm beginning to work on the forest floor and I'm going to try to grapple with the water soon. Also, I'm planning on making the bark on the trees look like they are carved with some sort of decorative pattern.
Here's an update...

wildsheepchase
05-29-2002, 08:42 AM
I'm trying to rethink my technique and a bit of the composition. I'm hoping it looks a little less flat. I've switched from using a mouse and photoshop, to a wacom tablet and corel painter. I'm really new at this, so any suggestions or criticisms are welcome:)
Here's an update...

Adam
05-31-2002, 05:14 AM
I like your first post the best (before the green) You should just be finished there. It looks like some really really great minimlism art. I would buy that and frame it in my home. The plain tone fits the weird shape of the roots. I reall reall really like it as minimal work. Don't try and make it real just work with the great aspect it already has.

:drool: :drool: :wavey: :drool: :drool:

Azure
05-31-2002, 05:33 PM
Interesting indeed. I like the style, very diferent from most of the stuff you see on this board. Keep it up i wanna see what this is gonna end up like.

~A~

ZrO-1
05-31-2002, 07:42 PM
I LOVED :love: those first couple of pics. They looked like a blend of art deco and cubist styles...Fantastic!!!
The last pic seems to be leaning more towards late impressionist or post impressionist style...still very nice, but you could almost do two different pieces with what you've done so far. It's really great I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

wildsheepchase
06-01-2002, 07:54 AM
Wow! Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone!
I started a new image based on the old image, because I didn't feel like the original fit with the "enchantment" theme. I also wanted to work a bit more with the scale of the trees, so I've switched from a horizonatal orientation to a vertical one. I hope this helps to emphasize the largeness of the trees. Here's an update....it's still really rough, so bare with me:D

Kirt
06-02-2002, 10:38 AM
You know, the repeating patterns and solid forms remind me alot of M C Escher's work (hope I spelled that correctly). You should take a look at his work and maybe incorporate some of that whimsical optical illusionism with this work. You're pretty much there already. I really like this one too!

Renderedbrian
06-03-2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by wildsheepchase
Wow! Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone!
I started a new image based on the old image, because I didn't feel like the original fit with the "enchantment" theme. I also wanted to work a bit more with the scale of the trees, so I've switched from a horizonatal orientation to a vertical one. I hope this helps to emphasize the largeness of the trees. Here's an update....it's still really rough, so bare with me:D

I would have to agree with Kirt and say this image is similar in style to Escher's work.

I am a *HUGE* fan of Escher! :love:

Looking forward to seeing this progress.

-
brian

wildsheepchase
06-05-2002, 04:11 AM
Here's my latest update...I think I'm sticking with this style:rolleyes:

wildsheepchase
06-05-2002, 04:12 AM
Forgot to add that the last pic is just a close up....you guys could probably figure that out, though:p

Tommy Lee
06-05-2002, 09:26 AM
Are you the reincarnation of Friedenreich Hundertwasser?

Good Work so far...Keep on!:applause:
And yes,... I realized that itīs a close up:thumbsup:

Canīt wait to see more

Tommy Lee
:twisted:

wildsheepchase
06-10-2002, 09:52 AM
Here's another update. I'm making some progress, but am still a long ways from being done.:hmm:

wildsheepchase
06-11-2002, 10:46 AM
Hi everyone!
The colors in this are murkier than the finished picture will be. I'm working in Painter Classic and transferring the image to Photoshop in order to scale it down...the colors seem to change when I import the image to Photoshop. Does anyone know how I can avoid that?
In this latest update, I've spent a lot of time trying to get the water right. I'm not sure if I'm there yet. Criticisms, comments, or tips welcome as always(especially about the water)
Thanx!:D

Gamoron
06-11-2002, 04:37 PM
I LIKE IT! It looks kinda Russian influenced too me, a real folkish feel to it. Creative, and original in approach. It's kind off got a Charles Vess feel to it too. Looking forward to more.

Cheers!:thumbsup:

Gamoron
06-11-2002, 04:39 PM
One more thing is this a cropped image that you're going with or a detail of a portion of the original? it looks like you've taken a lot of that original tree out.

wildsheepchase
06-11-2002, 08:33 PM
Thanks Gamoron...glad you like it
This is the whole image, not a detail. The idea was that the tree in front would be too huge to fit even one of the root structures in the pic.

wildsheepchase
06-12-2002, 09:26 AM
I'm not really sure where to go with this next. I might call it "finished" soon and try to move on to making newer, better images. :hmm:

Jake
06-12-2002, 11:06 AM
I would to vary the lighting a bit more, especially with respect to foreground and background sections. Maybe a bit more bounced/reflected light on the tree trunks that are closest. And what happened to the little creature sitting on the porch?
rock on!

Gamoron
06-12-2002, 04:01 PM
:beer:
I think you could be done. It reminds me of oil paint. Move on I think it's great.:thumbsup:

wildsheepchase
06-15-2002, 03:18 AM
Jake- I took your suggestion and tried varying the light a bit. I can't believe you noticed that guy sitting on the ledge...I might get around to adding him in soon.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.