PDA

View Full Version : Trees moving through render?

danb
07-22-2010, 12:59 PM
I am rendering the Land scene in c4d, and tried in Vue. After viewing the final render i see that some of the trees are disappearing and moving or jumping from place to place.

Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

cturner3d
07-27-2010, 01:26 AM
I am rendering the Land scene in c4d, and tried in Vue. After viewing the final render i see that some of the trees are disappearing and moving or jumping from place to place.

Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

In Vue if you're using Dynamic population that would be the problem since the program will only render what is currently onscreen and as the animation progresses Dynamic mode will create more trees per frame. Hard to verbally explain. Dynamic basically creates per frame, there is also a flicker issue with GI, best bet is to not use GI or GR settings use GA, and physically populate using the painter tool. Render the animation in GA and bring over to a post program like Nuke and work the beauty passes there. The flicker and Dynamic are known issues and hopefully will be fixed in a new version soon.

danb
07-27-2010, 01:50 AM
Ok great thanks for the advice. I will populate from now on using the paint tool.

Can the paint tool use custom objects that were created in c4d? Also is there a way to make the spectral clouds into a custom shape? For example having the cloud take the shape of a characters face in the sky.

Wabe
07-27-2010, 07:38 AM
What version of Vue are you using? (Including build number). I remember that this was a problem in older versions and I thought it was wiped out via updates. Maybe it is a thought to update and then see whether the problem is still there.

danb
07-27-2010, 04:18 PM
How do I find the build? I am using xstream 8.5.

Wabe
07-27-2010, 05:23 PM
When you start the standalone version it should tell you on the start-up screen (splash). The other option is "about Vue", there you'll find as well the version and build number.

Then you go to the update page at e-on and compare whether you have the latest version or not. If not, do an update.

I am a bit surprised because so far I have not heard anything like this about 8.5 so far. Only for Vue 7 (I think) - nobody has reported a problem like this so far.

Is it maybe possible to show us an example in a couple of screenshots and maybe the related settings as well? This would help a lot because it is always a bit difficult to say something about a problem that you have not seen.

CGTalk Moderation
07-27-2010, 05:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.