PDA

View Full Version : Pass Override Maya 2010

thrillhouse196
07-21-2010, 02:22 AM
hey guys. I made a switch over from XSI last week, and pass setups are certainly different than what I'm use to. Please pardon my noob question.

I'm using Maya 2010, and I'm having trouble with the Shadow pass. I'm doing tests with simple poly objects and a room with one light. Through a forum post, I learned that if i I give the room a "Use Background (turn off reflections)" Material, and simply turn off the "Primary Visibility" of the poly objects, only the Shadows would render. I tried it, and it worked, simple as that.

However, that meant that i had to select each poly object one by one, and turn each of its Primary Visibility properties off.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but both the room and the poly objects must be in the same render layer. So here's the question. Is it possible to separate the poly objects and the room into separate groups (partitions), and give each group a different override? If not, what are my other options?

In XSI, I would separate the objects into different partitions, and each partition would have it's own overrides and properties.

Anyway, help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

TaKIKO
07-21-2010, 03:07 AM
Select all your objects , got to Windows>General Editors>Attribute Spreadsheet. Click the render tab and from there you can change the renders stats of all your selected objects in one shot.

thrillhouse196
07-21-2010, 03:23 AM
This works!

thanks a bunch!

CGTalk Moderation
07-21-2010, 03:23 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.