PDA

View Full Version : ZBrushWorkshops Launched!

ryankingslien
07-20-2010, 08:21 PM
https://www.zbrushworkshops.com/store/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/622a3fc33e5fcce896e2f81055ab3d60/a/l/all_workshop_2.png
Hello. I'm very proud to announce the launch of ZBrushWorkshops, your new learning portal to digital sculpting. Our goal at ZBrushWorkshops is to bridge the gap between the traditional classroom and traditional DVD training by putting you in direct connection with your instructor. We do this with several tools including Live Chat and our member's only community.

Learn more at ZBrushWorkshops (http://www.ZBrushWorkshops.com)

6 workshops to choose from or get All Workshops! (https://www.zbrushworkshops.com/shop/featured/all-workshop-subscription.html)

Look forward to seeing you there.

Best,
Ryan

flingster
07-21-2010, 11:01 PM
hey that sounds interesting.

i bought the gnomon intro to zbrush you did which I have to say was superb...very nice learning style i could follow..i'm about half way through it at moment and there are some other zsphere2 stuff i got at time which haven't touched yet as mac version is lacking them.

can you explain a little better what these workshops are?

Is it an online classroom scenario?
An online recorded classroom session?
An online one to one type tutorial?

i'm not really sure which it fits into....please use the expand more info brush :beer:

one last thing...what about timezone...i'm based in the good ole UK is this a problemo for your workshops?

ryankingslien
07-21-2010, 11:37 PM
Thanks for the kind words Flingster. Glad you liked the Gnomon stuff. ZBrushWorkshops really grew from one of the main frustrations I had making my previous tutorials. Tutorials are a one-way street and learning to sculpt really requires feedback and interactivity.

To that end we offer two product types: Workshops and Live Classes.

The workshops are recorded and edited lessons that focus on one major area of sculpting.

For example, Hard Surface, Armor and Repetitive Patterns. This workshop focuses on sculpting costumes for our characters that require a more mechanical surface like armor or mech suits. To that end, I pulled together all of the ZBrush features that you would need to know to sculpt these outfits as well as sculptural workflows that enable us to work faster with less waste.

The workshops, again, are pre-recorded lectures and demonstrations that are streamed from the site and include the resources used in making the workshop. When you sign up for a workshop you get 24/7 access and can review them at your liesure.

The classes are held online but are live. I will be there talking and answering questions. They happen at a specific time and there will be other students taking the class with you.

The live classes include 1 on 1 video critique of your assignments which in the case of the Intermediate ZBrush class is the completion of a character.

Both products also include Live Chat and email support when you run into problems. My chat hours are posted here (http://www.zbrushworkshops.com/contact-us.html).

Hope that helps explains them more completely. :)

Ryan

flingster
07-22-2010, 09:57 PM
well the workshops looks like really good value for money if you're on a budget. Knowing i got my moneys worth on your previous endeavours and learn't a load it seems a bit of a no brainer really.

one quick Q...the "all workshops" gives access for a year right? whats the bit about each workshop is for 60days and just email to extend it bit about?...is it to shame the slow learner like myself into emailing the teacher and asking for an extension on the homework :p

last thing....good luck with it..looks like a smart setup :thumbsup:

ryankingslien
07-27-2010, 06:46 PM
Hello Flingster, All Workshops is for year long access to any/ all workshops. This is, of course, the better deal as it gives you access to everything for a healthy period of time.

You can purchase the workshops individually, though, if you need to hone in on one skill set or problem area. If you do purchase individually the 60 days is there for us slow learners! :)

Hope that helps explain it further. :)

Ryan

flingster
07-27-2010, 11:21 PM
ok all good...signed up for your all workshops offer...will try and have a look this weekend..once i get my email info through :arteest:

ryankingslien
07-27-2010, 11:41 PM
Great. Check the email you made the purchase with. More info is there. :)

froekoe
07-31-2010, 09:43 PM
great work shops they look good

i am thinking of taking some work shops

but first i want to get the muscles good

so if you make a workshop where you do the muscle stuff i would definately buy it

the only problem is school and money :P
they are a bit expensive (for me)

unfortuantely i can't buy them right now cuz i am going on vacation for 3 weeks but after it

i think i will bull at least the tool thing or the armoury

and if you have a muscle tutorial/workshop
i might beg my parents to buy that for me
and other wise i just work 2 more months and i have to money for it :P

flingster
08-07-2010, 02:50 PM
Ryan any plans to do something on zbrush4 and also zspheres?

ryankingslien
08-07-2010, 05:44 PM
froekoe - make sure to visit www.AnatomyTools./com (http://anatomytools.com/workshops/) to be notified when the anatomy classes start. We have some great stuff in store there.

flingster - all I can say is, "Oh yeah." Lots!

flingster
08-08-2010, 07:56 PM
just run through intro to sculpting in zbrush as a nice refresher...notice you mention on brush palette to use depth option at some point..but this option is presumably not available in mac version? or am i doing something wrong?...also doesnt look like some of the brushes eg trim brushes are available. guess this won't matter once 4 comes out anyway..just want to check half my palette isn't missing because i didn't enable it or something.

btw..vid bits worked fine for me UK side and straightforward enough to follow so far ;)

ryankingslien
08-08-2010, 08:15 PM
Hey there. Yes, you'll have to get ZBrush 4 for the mac up and running. Should be out tomorrow, as I understand it. Can't wait. So much good stuff in it. :)

flingster
08-11-2010, 11:08 PM
wow you weren't kidding...jeez mind boggling..some fantastic looking toolset additions.
downloaded mac version last night..and voila depth option and so so much more. looks like lots to learn..currently in my baby steps phase of building confidence and exposure with it.
:arteest:

Grgeon
08-11-2010, 11:44 PM
The link doesn't seem to work for me atm. Is it down?

-George

ryankingslien
08-11-2010, 11:49 PM
Flingster - :)

Grgeon - its loading fine for me but it is getting hammered a bit with the free workshop. If you keep trying the link it should work. I have the hosting company looking into it as well. Sorry for the inconvience.

Ryan

Grgeon
08-12-2010, 12:12 AM
Free?? aww man. Ok, i'll keep trying, thanks Ryan!

-George

Grgeon
08-12-2010, 12:16 AM
ok, weird. I removed the "s" in workshops and it's working now. Yay. Thanks again.

-George

SheepFactory
08-12-2010, 01:44 AM
Looks great Ryan, I will definitely be taking some to get up to speed with zbrush once I get some breather from work.

flingster
08-16-2010, 08:35 PM
for those with subscription to the workshops you'll see a lovely new multi part set of tuts on the new zbrush 4 feature called spotlight...soopa cool ryan thanks for this...

still working through intros...my horse head is looking less dog like everyday ;-)
:bowdown:

ryankingslien
08-17-2010, 07:01 AM
Sheep Factory - Thanks for the kind words. Let me know when you have time. :)

Thanks Flingster. Check your account for the latest SSS Materials Workshop. Here is an image I created while replicating Victorian Brown Wax.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=155596&stc=1

flingster
08-17-2010, 08:19 PM
two massive sets of tuts in a week...very cool...all access workshops is looking even more like a bargain today.m :bowdown:
..thanks for these new ones

CGTalk Moderation
08-17-2010, 08:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.