PDA

View Full Version : Pantomime:July_Vland

Vland
07-20-2010, 07:56 PM
Well, itīs my first message, and maybe itīs a little bold, but, I want to learn to do good animations.. so, although it gives me a little of shame.. here it goes, it still needs a lot of job. But this is the posses, kind off..
http://www.vimeo.com/13491310

Well, donīt get scared!! haha.
See you around. :wavey:

Splinter
07-20-2010, 09:01 PM
Don't forget that your animation has to fill 10-12 seconds to qualify.

On a side note I think that your animation really is good. I really see gorilla characteristics in your animation.

Vland
07-21-2010, 09:39 AM
Yea, I donīt forget abt the time, and about the note on a side, thank you :)

Anubis3D
07-21-2010, 07:26 PM
Good start there!

There are two main things that I think need to be worked out right away in your blocking:

First, I was checking some videos, and a gorilla normally has its spine bent backwards, not forwards like your character. Of course, it's also due to the fact that his arms are longer than his legs, which is not the case on your rig, but still you can manage to get it more likely.

Second, pay attention to the movement on the hips, cause it's where you'll get most of the animal's weight. Working on the ups and downs we'll make it a lot less floaty.

Here's a little reference video that I found, so you can see what I'm talking about. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHi3xYS3cOs&feature=related

Keep going!

Vland
07-22-2010, 08:38 AM
thank you Anubis for the feedback, .. you know? I was looking for videos also..and in some of them, the gorillas were walking like in mine... and like I didnt want to do it exactly like Splinter (I saw him video after post this..) but it look weird as I did, so Iīm gonna check the video you sent, and check the things.

:)

CGTalk Moderation
07-22-2010, 08:38 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.