PDA

View Full Version : Blackhole and cast reflections

Robbert
07-20-2010, 09:50 AM
Is there a quickway to make a object cast reflections and be a blackhole at the same time. I want to make a seperate reflection pass for a window that's reflecting other objects and these objects need to cutout the window as a blackhole. Right now I turn the primary visibility off for all the objects that needs to be visible in the reflection, and then I duplicate all the objects and give them a blackhole shader. It's not really a flexible way and I get flickering with final gather so I hope there is a easier way.
Thanks, Robbert

MikeSt
07-20-2010, 01:18 PM
Is there a quickway to make a object cast reflections and be a blackhole at the same time. I want to make a seperate reflection pass for a window that's reflecting other objects and these objects need to cutout the window as a blackhole. Right now I turn the primary visibility off for all the objects that needs to be visible in the reflection, and then I duplicate all the objects and give them a blackhole shader. It's not really a flexible way and I get flickering with final gather so I hope there is a easier way.
Thanks, Robbert

I suppose you need use background material

Robbert
07-21-2010, 12:08 PM
That's only for the object that reflects the other objects (the window in this case), I use mip_matteshadow for that. What I mean is how can I let the other objects reflect in the window, but also that the other objects cut out the window as a blackhole at the same time.

chandro
07-21-2010, 09:59 PM
just create a mask as alpha for the object then use that alpha in compositing

TaKIKO
07-21-2010, 10:02 PM
Rayswitch material

CGTalk Moderation
07-21-2010, 10:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.