PDA

View Full Version : batch render offsets eyes and tounge??

atarigraffx
07-20-2010, 04:17 AM
hello all, was wondering if anybody knew why my batch render isnt registering what i see when i render a single frame?

i have a character rigged with animation and he renders out fine but when i batch render his rig explodes or hes missing his eyes and tounge, etc. or batch render offsets his eyes and tounge, always something like this.

cant seem to figure it out for the life of me.

im using maya 2011 in OSX and rendering with mental ray

mduvekot
07-20-2010, 03:00 PM
Happens a lot. Usually not worth trying to troubleshoot, just bake all animation before submitting to the render farm and you're good.

atarigraffx
07-22-2010, 06:43 PM
Happens a lot. Usually not worth trying to troubleshoot, just bake all animation before submitting to the render farm and you're good.

i tried to baking the character by going to edit/keys/bake simulations

it ran through the animation and set keys on every frame but when i batch rendered i encountered the same problem,

im really sorry but is there specific settings i need to adjust in order for this workaround to work?

m-u-r-p-h-y
07-24-2010, 09:40 PM
If baking of ALL animations did not helped you can:

- turn off "Optimize Non-animated Display Visibility" in the Render Global Setting window
- turn off "Optimize animation detection" in the Render Global Setting window
or
- use geometry cache
or
- try this script (http://www.creativecrash.com/maya/marketplace/scripts-plugins/c/preframeproc-mel) from creative crash. It is fine piece of code. It helped me a lot in similar problem. Just save it to your default script folder and run it as pre-render command in your scene.

CGTalk Moderation
07-24-2010, 09:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.