PDA

View Full Version : Cluster placement in Hirarchy

TBone2008
07-19-2010, 07:19 PM
I rigged a wing using IK Spline handle.
where would I place the clusters in order that when rot the wing root joint (one above IK root joint), it will move - with it ?
(wherever I place them now, either the ik handle moves far and the wing is distorted, or the root joint of the wing is no longer able to rotate).

Darksuit
07-19-2010, 09:45 PM
Here is my spline IK Heirarchy.

Somethign to also note is that you can turn off inherit transforms to reduce your double transformations. With this heirarchy I am using the Global Control to do my base rotations and movement. I would then parent the Global Controller to any part of the heirarchy of a character that I would need to.

Some differences to note are that My Spline Curve exists outside of my joint chain. Seen here as Curve1.

http://www.darksuit.com/tutorials/spine/SIKSpline16b.jpg

TBone2008
07-19-2010, 09:53 PM
thanks, can you explain more about inherit trans, and how I'd turn it off ?

Darksuit
07-19-2010, 10:04 PM
so if you select you curve. You can open the attribute editor. Under Transform Attributes, just under the Rotate Axis you will see a box with a check mark that says "Inherits Transform" uncheck that box.

Inherits Transform When this attribute is on, the current object inherits the transformations (Translate, Rotate, Scale, and Shear values) of its parent object.

TBone2008
07-19-2010, 10:05 PM
Wicked :) thanks..

CGTalk Moderation
07-19-2010, 10:05 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.