PDA

View Full Version : Game Dev introduction site

arquebus
09-24-2003, 12:33 AM
This site is by David Perry, owner of Shiny Studios which did the Enter the Matrix game. It is the best site for explaining the gaming industry to newbies.
www.dperry.com

bentllama
09-24-2003, 03:55 AM
great site.

big EWJ fan here. EWJ was the game that got me interested in pushing the aesthetics game animation forward!

overall an informative site.

erilaz
09-24-2003, 03:58 AM
EWJ was up there with some of the best humour in a game you could find (barring Monkey island and Sam and Max, or course).

pthomas72
09-24-2003, 05:10 PM
Dave Perry is the biggest Hack in the industry.

He has completely risen by riding on the back of others who did all the work. The fact that he takes credit for anything more than his mornig dump is a discrace to the video game industry.

and pretty vain from that web site.

arquebus
09-24-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by pthomas72
Dave Perry is the biggest Hack in the industry.

He has completely risen by riding on the back of others who did all the work. The fact that he takes credit for anything more than his mornig dump is a discrace to the video game industry.

and pretty vain from that web site.

Do you mind explaining how someone who taught himself to program games at 15, started work as a professional game developer at 19, and has 20 years total in the industry can be considered anything else but self-made?

pthomas72
09-24-2003, 08:33 PM
!Do you mind explaining how someone who taught himself to program games at 15, started work as a professional game developer at 19, and has 20 years total in the industry can be considered anything else but self-made?

Is that you Dave?!...

if so... Your a hack

bentllama
09-24-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by pthomas72
!

Is that you Dave?!...

if so... Your a hack

Since you are new here, as your 3 posts dictate, defaming comments like that get you banned real quick...

...please consider this a warning.

pthomas72
09-24-2003, 09:22 PM
Can I get a spanking instead?

Asorson
09-24-2003, 11:57 PM
Haven't been there for a while, looks like it's been updated. Cool.

pthomas: Cmon man, don't be a hater. Every sucessful person has a bunch of people whining that they don't deserve their success, when usually the complainers are just frustrated that they themselves work and think as hard as they are capable of, but for some reason cannot attain the same success. Why be one of those people?

Joril
09-25-2003, 12:54 AM
Cool site!
I remember when someone(was it Dave himself?) post the url of the Forum, a long, long time ago.

Anyways, I absolutely loved Shiny's "Sacrifice". Damn.. I miss the good old days... :love:

pthomas72
09-25-2003, 01:25 AM
pthomas: Cmon man, don't be a hater. Every sucessful person has a bunch of people whining that they don't deserve their success, when usually the complainers are just frustrated that they themselves work and think as hard as they are capable of, but for some reason cannot attain the same success. Why be one of those people?

sorry.. the hate keeps me warm and fuzzy. Just tired of business types makeing a fuss about themselves.

MosaFacku
09-25-2003, 01:41 AM
....maybe its all the pent up hatred inspired by doom.... :p

.......or maybe someone is just feelin a bit sandy today....

Daz
09-25-2003, 02:35 AM
who cares, all the games he worked on turn out to be repetitive and crap

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.