PDA

View Full Version : Blend shapes demorphing

Jirajing
07-19-2010, 09:07 AM
Hey guys, I'm having a problem with the face shapes on my character.
I rigged the character then made the blend shapes. They work fine, except for when I change the position/rotation of the characters head. It almost looks like the vertices are staying in the same place relative to the 3D space rather than translating and rotating with the character.

Any tips?

jschieck
07-19-2010, 03:10 PM
you probably need to re-arrange the inputs on your mesh, to make your blendshape come before your skin cluster

Jirajing
07-20-2010, 07:41 AM
Sweet, er...how would one go about fixing said problem?

KevvyB
07-25-2010, 01:42 PM
Right click on your model and select "inputs" about 1/3 down the menu. Now select "All inputs" from the bottom of the sub-menu.

You now have a dialog box listig all of the things that affect the shape of your rigged mesh, and they are listed in order.

A blendshape moves vertices in space relative to their original shape. You need that to happen before a bone deforms them so using the middle mouse button drag your blendshapes to appear higher up the list than your bone influences.

You might need to experiment a bit if you have a few groups of blendshapes, but that should solve your problem.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Jirajing
07-25-2010, 06:09 PM
Right click on your model and select "inputs" about 1/3 down the menu. Now select "All inputs" from the bottom of the sub-menu.

You now have a dialog box listig all of the things that affect the shape of your rigged mesh, and they are listed in order.

A blendshape moves vertices in space relative to their original shape. You need that to happen before a bone deforms them so using the middle mouse button drag your blendshapes to appear higher up the list than your bone influences.

You might need to experiment a bit if you have a few groups of blendshapes, but that should solve your problem.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

awesome! that worked. thanks very much

abazou
01-15-2011, 05:00 PM
i got to the show all inputs list, but i get this error ''// Error: Object 'row1' not found. // ''
using maya 2011 here

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2011, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.