PDA

View Full Version : Vue Render Issue

hendrixer
07-18-2010, 08:45 PM
Greetings all,
I had a 300 frame animation all set to render which was done using xstream ( maya and vue integration) although render time was alot it did fine on low resolution renders over a render farm which we have.
I had rendered 720 * 307 and 1024 * 436 respectively which did give results. But these renders were done in draft quality using MR.
Now , I turned the resolution upto film res i.e. 2048 * 872 with production quality...
its taking ages to render..
but thats not the only issue am facing...on some machines...there are some patches which happen even after the final pass.On a single rendered frame...there seem to be black patches clearly visible.
Is someone familiar with this problem.
Any help would be appreciated.

danb
07-22-2010, 12:58 PM
I"m not sure about the patches, but the long render times might be due to the antialiasing.

I'm using xstream with c4d and there is a bug. When you lower the alias settings in the render settings and then go back to vue settings the c4d alias settings revert back to a higher alias. Most scenes i've noticed have 16x16 alias, which really slows down renders.

I've found the fastest renders happen when i use "user defined" vue settings. I then turn off transparency, soft shadows, dof, motion blur, if i do not need them. Besides transparency and soft shadows, the rest can be done in post.

You can also lower the amount of traces used.

Put the render settings on User and go through each setting and reduce or turn off the ones you don't need.

hendrixer
07-23-2010, 09:00 AM
Hi Dan,
Thanks alot for your reply.
I tried what you told me. I changed the settings for vue within maya itself but the issue is that it is still overiding the settings and taking the ones within maya.
Is there any option where while rendering MR accesses Vue settings?

Thanks in advance.

danb
07-23-2010, 07:27 PM
You can also disable antialiasing in the vue material settings per object. I don't know of any other way to disable AA.

I don't have any experience with MR with Vue, sorry.

The only other thing i can think of is to open the vue scene, select everything copy and paste it into your maya scene. Maybe the vue render settings will not be transfered?

CGTalk Moderation
07-23-2010, 07:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.