PDA

View Full Version : Add content to Collections?

danb
07-18-2010, 07:17 PM
I'm trying to add things to my collections from the extra's cd. I open the collections panel and then add collection, select folder... but nothing shows up in the collection folder even though there are things in the same folder on the cd.

How do i correctly add scenes and objects to the collections panel?

Wabe
07-19-2010, 07:23 AM
I think you must copy the stuff onto your hard disk (any) first. Vue writes some informtion back in collections folders (.prv files for example) which is of course not possible for CDs. It explains as well why the user rights situation must allow writing too - otherwise Vue can not do what it has to.

danb
07-19-2010, 04:10 PM
Yes I put the files on my hard disk in my documents->Eon folder, which the Vue installer created. I did this before trying to add to the collections.

Wabe
07-19-2010, 06:50 PM
I do not understand really what you are doing. Can you describe what you are doing in a bit more detail? What filetype you put where and what you then do to make things visible in Vue?

BTW, are you running Vue in admin mode? Vue needs to write information back to the disk and for that needs the rights to do so.

danb
07-19-2010, 07:53 PM
I am trying to add to my collections as show in the attached pic vue c4d.

I copied my extras cd to my documents-eon. as shown in documents pic attached.

I've created a new collection but i don't know how to add things from the extras cd.

Wabe
07-20-2010, 05:48 AM
Okay, I still do not understand completely but will try to describe the way I would do that. One way of several.

On installation, the installer has created the default structure for content for you. It is under ...users/user/my documents/e-on software/Vue Infinite... (your version number)

There you find the structure as it is predefined by e-on. Now use this, throw the content of your extra disk into this structure. Scenes into scenes, objects (vob extension) into objects etc etc.

Then you restart Vue and all the new content should appear automatically.

Only if you want to use your own structure you go to "new collection" and select the folder you have prepared and has related content. At Cornucopia3D I think you can find a list of what extension is what (vob=object, atm=atmospphere, mat=material, vue=scene, etc etc)

CGTalk Moderation
07-20-2010, 05:48 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.