07-18-2010, 04:35 AM
Cool!
http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/games/sc2/?v=commercial

liquidik
07-18-2010, 09:27 AM
I am ready...

Phrenzy84
07-18-2010, 10:36 AM
I bought the original Starcraft (which came with Broodwar) a few months ago to find out what the big deal was.

And now I cannot wait for this game. I have just under 30gb of SC 2 matches, commentated by HD (http://www.youtube.com/user/hdstarcraft?blend=1&ob=4#g/u) and Husky (http://www.youtube.com/huskystarcraft#g/u) . I get why this is such a big thing in Korea and wish it had the same treatment worldwide.

Im a action type of gamer but this is full of action but presented in a strategic fashion.

Bring it :)

SuperHero
07-18-2010, 10:48 AM
Speechless ... :drool::drool::drool:
Bliz-Craft rulz!

Geta-Ve
07-19-2010, 04:49 PM
Oh SHEIT! Was that Nova?

evolucian
07-19-2010, 05:27 PM
already had my collector's edition pre-ordered like 4-5 months ago hehe. 1 of few game companies that ive always got my money's worth when i spent some.

Teloni
07-19-2010, 05:56 PM
I finally got my beta invitation to SC2 Friday night. It's definitely a lot of fun and I can't wait to see the single player campaign. It's been a long time since I played the original Starcraft or Warcraft 3 so I have been getting my arse handed to me pretty much every match. I forgot how hardcore it could get.

My weapon of choice:
http://images.starcraftcz.com/news/thor.jpg

CHRiTTeR
07-19-2010, 06:24 PM
Bring it ooooon!

Oh SHEIT! Was that Nova?

Kerrigan ;)

Izuael
07-19-2010, 06:27 PM
Oh SHEIT! Was that Nova?

I would guess that it is Kerrigan just before she gets taken by the zerg and turned, from the original game. Maybe some kind of flashback cinematic?

edit: aarrgh CHRiTTeR, you beat me :)

Laa-Yosh
07-19-2010, 11:08 PM
They've previewed the entire story reel for that cinematic about two years ago at Blizzcon if my mind doesn't fail me. So yeah, it's Kerrigan.

XeroWolf
07-19-2010, 11:13 PM
Bring it ooooon!

Oh SHEIT! Was that Nova?

Kerrigan ;)
Indeed. However I to call her the The Queen of Blades now :thumbsup:

I've deliberately avoided playing the Beta. Right now I'm playing through the champagne of the original and Brood War. Then I'm going to jump right into SC2 from SC1. Man this game is going to be awesome. :buttrock:

Geta-Ve
07-20-2010, 02:57 PM
Booo Kerrigan! I want some sweet Nova ass. haha :D

GatorNic
07-21-2010, 03:48 AM
been playing the beta which is great. Can't wait to see the cinematics and single player!

Laa-Yosh
07-21-2010, 10:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_E83GfWM-A&feature=player_embedded

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

CHRiTTeR
07-22-2010, 12:42 AM
absolutely EPIC!!

Geta-Ve
07-22-2010, 04:34 AM

Ya I pretty much did the same thing! :O

Filanwizard
07-22-2010, 06:15 AM
Excuse me while i extract my jaw from the floor.

JML
07-22-2010, 05:10 PM
The cinematics are awesome,
but what happened to the ingame graphics.. it doesn't look that great..

Pthomas
07-22-2010, 05:41 PM
Thank you Blizzard for another great work of Art.

Filanwizard
07-22-2010, 05:59 PM
The cinematics are awesome,
but what happened to the ingame graphics.. it doesn't look that great..

typically Blizzard is never known for the top of the top in game graphics, but the games are always good. just look at World of Warcraft. I like SCII from what i saw in beta, it runs smooth and plays good which is really all that matters. I myself though am not a good voter of graphics because if the game is fun i dont care if its still DX9.

JML
07-22-2010, 07:00 PM
typically Blizzard is never known for the top of the top in game graphics, but the games are always good. just look at World of Warcraft. I like SCII from what i saw in beta, it runs smooth and plays good which is really all that matters. I myself though am not a good voter of graphics because if the game is fun i dont care if its still DX9.

I just wish it had better graphics like company of heroes or dow2,
after all the time they had to do that game.
Those sc2 graphics reminds me of the recent command and conquers series..
Not sure how they'll improve the gameplay since that kind of game has been done
so many times now.
Anyway, I'll try the demo to check it out.

evolucian
07-22-2010, 07:22 PM
for me, as a non hardcore starcraft fan, i am mildly dissapointed in the beta thus far because the game itself isnt something new or innovative, its like some magazines put it, starcraft HD. I hope the story lines are strong otherwise bleh

Geta-Ve
07-22-2010, 07:38 PM
@JML: Really Company of Heroes? This alone makes me wonder if you have even played the game? When I ran the beta at max settings, the game looked gorgeous. I am really not sure how you can compare CoH to SC2? o_O

@evolucian: I have to wonder if people say the same thing about all the Command Conquer games that are released. The RTS genre as a whole is pretty much the same, you have a base, you have worker units that gather minerals, you construct buildings to produce other units and you go kill the opposing faction.

As far as MP goes that is about all you find in any RTS. Blizzard has stated though that there are a lot of varying mission types in the single player, so we will see how that turns out.

JML
07-22-2010, 08:05 PM
@JML: Really Company of Heroes? This alone makes me wonder if you have even played the game? When I ran the beta at max settings, the game looked gorgeous. I am really not sure how you can compare CoH to SC2? o_O

I did not play SC2 yet, but I'll try the demo.
Company of heroes looked amazing, almost realistic. (with a good pc)
But from the SC2 screenshot I saw, it looks very cartoonish, with flashy colors,
similar to supreme commander and command and conquer, and the textures seems
a bit flat too.
The work blizzard is doing on diablo 3 looks great though

Ollarin
07-22-2010, 09:40 PM
Wow! That was amazing. I can't wait to play Starcraft 2. The first game was one of my all time favorite RTS's, so many fond memories of Zerg rushes. :p

That is so epic!

Shletten
07-24-2010, 06:42 PM
The in-game cinematics look good to me. I of course would want all of them to be in CGI but...

artquest
07-25-2010, 05:35 AM
I'm really surprised at people putting down the in game graphics based on the ghosts of the past trailer. It's an rts game, meaning the engine is meant to display 200 + tiny dudes running around fighting each other(Oh yeah, and that's only in a 1v1 game and u can play up to 4v4 so 800 units on screen). For an rts engine I would say the close up environments are really well done. They really blew my mind the first time I saw them.

I did not play SC2 yet, but I'll try the demo.
Company of heroes looked amazing, almost realistic. (with a good pc)
But from the SC2 screenshot I saw, it looks very cartoonish, with flashy colors,
similar to supreme commander and command and conquer, and the textures seems
a bit flat too.
The work blizzard is doing on diablo 3 looks great though

Also, this sort of thing has been fixed up. sc2 looks amazing at full settings. You probably saw a very old screenshot of sc2 since the blizzard forums were full of threads saying exactly what you just said, blizzard changed it.

CGTalk Moderation
07-25-2010, 05:35 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.