PDA

View Full Version : Mini Challenge #1 ($150 in prizes!"

Wegg
09-23-2003, 04:53 PM
Image Contest ($150 in prizes!)

We are holding an image contest here in the Animation Master section of CGTalk. As a community we voted on a topic and discussed the rules to the contest to try and make sure it would appeal to as many people as possible.

The topic for the contest is:

The 8th Dwarf

This is a character modeling/texturing contest. Entrants will be judged on technique, design, and textures. A common set will be provided to all entrants to place their posed models. Final image submition will need to be an 800 X 600 jpg image. All entrants must start a thread in the general area of this forum. The subject of the thread must contain the name of your dwarf proceeded by "WIP". So if I were to enter the contest and my dwarf's name is "Fatty", I would do so by starting a thread named:

WIP:Fatty

Within your thread you must post images of different stages of your model's creation. If you are working from a sketch, post that. If you only have your character's left toenail modeled. . . post an image of that. The whole idea of this contest is to strengthen the community by involving everyone in your creation. Let us see your steps and let us hear how you resolved any issues you have had with your model.

All entrants MUST post a message to their WIP thread whenever Animation Master crashes. They must describe what they were doing when AM crashed and then copy that message and send it to support@hash.com. Please also provide any feedback you receive from support.

You will be disqualified if you do not create a WIP thread with stages of your model's creation. You will be disqualified if you do not describe at least one issue you faced while creating your model and report how you resolved the issue.

Beyond that. . . the rules are open. Toon, patch count, version of software. . . none of that really matters.

The winner of the contest will receive a $50 gift certificate to Amazon.com, $50 to spend at eggprops.com and the book that David Rojers wrote about AM which I can't remember the name of right now.

Thats $150 worth of prizes everyone! Woo Hooo!

The winner will also be asked to submit their model to the community for use in a future animation contest. You don't HAVE to submit your model but it would be nice.

The contest starts. . .

RIGHT NOW!

It will end on October 31st.

(Let me know if I'm missing anything.)

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.