PDA

View Full Version : Cannot render a specific scene file

rafaeljm
07-14-2010, 09:02 PM
Hi. Iīve been having a strange issue with a specific scene file. It doesnīt render. Whenever I hit the batch render button, which normally gives me no problem, this happens on the script editor:
BatchRender;
// Saving temporary file: /Users/rafael/Documents/Animation Mentor/Class5/Week5/AM_DidArthur/scenes/AM_didarthur100sinopers__2835.mb //
// Rendering with Maya Software... //
// Rendering Completed. See Console for more information. //
But it actually didnīt render anything, and it finishes almost inmediately after it starts. Iīve tried many diferent render settings, with maya software, mental, etc... as image sequence, as a movie file, but nothing happens. As soon as it starts it says the render is complete. Iīm using referenced characters and thought that might be it, but Iīve actually stripped the scene down to just the camera and a few props, and it keeps on happening. Iīm sure it has to be something really simple, but I canīt find what it is.
Hereīs the stripped down scene file:
http://www.vampstudio.net/archivos/help.mb.zip
My specs are: Mac OS 10.5.8, Maya 2010, MacBookPro 15"
I sent the file to a friend who tried to render it in a PC but same thing happened
Please help me out, Iīm desperate!
Thanks

mduvekot
07-15-2010, 01:18 AM
You got some outdated mental ray nodes in your scene.

This bit of MEL fixed it for me:

delete `ls -typ "unknown"`;

rafaeljm
07-15-2010, 03:14 PM
You got some outdated mental ray nodes in your scene.

This bit of MEL fixed it for me:

delete `ls -typ "unknown"`;

Wow, thanks a lot. Iīm a Cinema4D guy, so I wouldīve never found out that on my own. :applause:

JohnPetrucci
07-15-2010, 04:30 PM
Did you fix it??

rafaeljm
07-15-2010, 04:41 PM
yeah, mduvekotīs MEL trick worked like a charm! Iīd still like to know where to look in Maya to know that.. I mean, is there a panel somewhere where I couldīve seen that?

achoury
07-15-2010, 05:19 PM
yeah, mduvekotīs MEL trick worked like a charm! Iīd still like to know where to look in Maya to know that.. I mean, is there a panel somewhere where I couldīve seen that?

Hi
yes
outliner /Show DAG
/rachid

CGTalk Moderation
07-15-2010, 05:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.