PDA

View Full Version : Light moving with camera - wierd

Respawned
07-13-2010, 09:50 PM
So I'm almost finished setting up my animation when I notice that my 'sun' (directional light) is moving with the camera. I prohibited animation on it, also turned of 'point at camera' and checked the time line for keys or splines but found nothing.
Although the light is moving it's not changing direction and since it's a directional light I guess it wont affect the render but thought I'd better check first, after all I'm looking at over 3 weeks of rendering for this scene so better to know for sure.

impworks
07-14-2010, 10:26 AM
All that is moving is the icon for the sun. Since it is a directional light its position doesn't matter just its rotation.

If you want to be 100% certain for your own peace of mind with such a long render why not try a simple experiment with a really simple scene?

Respawned
07-14-2010, 11:07 AM
Thanks Mark, that's what I suspected. Going to try a test with another scene, I have actually done a few already with this scene but the quality was obviously set very low, so I couldn't really tell. Thanks again.

CGTalk Moderation
07-14-2010, 11:07 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.