PDA

View Full Version : Need Help on Music Video (done in Lightwave)

3DFilmmaker
01-16-2002, 06:27 PM
Hey Group,
I'm producing a 3D animated music video for an established hip hop
artist. I'm going for a First Person Shooter style of video (i.e.
Quake/Unreal look and feel) and am looking for people who might have
some time to help out.

Unfortunately there is no budget but, as the reason I'm taking it on,
there is good possiblity of high visiblity through television
broadcast, music networks such as MTV, and who knows what else if the
song takes off. As well, there may be coverage in articles and
interviews that will get you further exposure.

Common first response: "If the artist is so established then why is there no budget."
Answer: The artist has started a new group which is unsigned. They produced the album out of pocket. When they saw some of my storyboard work and shorts they asked me if I was interested in doing a video. Which I am.

I find it to be a cool but challenging little project. I could
really use the help if anyone has time to pitch in. My main needs
right now are character model modifications, rigging and animating.
Although I can't offer anything more than the opportunity, anything
extra which is brought about will be put to the production group. I'm
not looking to take advantage of anyone for their hard work.

So, if anyone is interested or want more info, drop me a line.
Thanks everyone!

Ken
x@3DFilmMaker.com

Chewey
01-16-2002, 08:51 PM
I'll offer you the opportunity to give me a few thousand dollars for nothing in return. Who knows, I may include you in my will.

I think it's an interesting and cool idea.

;>

3DFilmmaker
01-16-2002, 09:43 PM
Yes, understandibly common attitude Chewey.

But thats ok. I like to be accomidated for my hard work as much as the next guy. Unfortunately, this is not one of those cases where I can clearly offer it up front.

My search is for folks who like doing collaborative 3D projects for the challenge, pleasure and the opportunites they may lead to. They are out there!

I just need to get the word out I need their help.

Ken

Chewey
01-17-2002, 02:35 AM
You can send the money via Paypal.

Facial Deluxe
01-19-2002, 05:13 AM
Hello 3DFilm,
I'm very busy at the moment but, let's imagine ....
I'd like to know :
Where are you ?
Where could I see your previous work ?
What's the project looks like a the moment (Drawing, sketches, early 3d reseachs...) ?

PS: Post this message here too :
http://www.newtek.com/community/discus/nest.html

da_duke
01-21-2002, 05:21 AM
can u explain the project a little more. what enviroment, textures, can we listen to a demo track, how long, overall style (industrial, fantasy ...). maybe i'm interested in but i need more infos. please feel free to check out my object page at www.3d-gfx.com/3dobject/ to get an overview of my models. thanks
cu da_duke

3DFilmmaker
01-21-2002, 02:02 PM
Heya,

Unfortunately I prefer not to post any song clips or works in progress. The song is unreleased and the material in the works is not appropriate for public consumption. My apologies.

The video is 3:20 and I'd say of sci/fi genre. Its a story of conflict and resolution. We are intently going for a 'video game' look and feel to keep the audience in the realm of surrealism (as opposed to Final Fantasy type display which leads to realism).

I'm starting to get a pretty good team together but we could really use any kind of character guru (modelling, rigging or animation)

da_duke: very cool object page. You are very talented!

Facial deluxe: thank you for the newtek forum suggestion.

Please feel free to contact me with any other questions:
x@3dfilmmaker.com

or visit my site:
www.3dfilmmaker.com

Ken

Chewey
01-21-2002, 05:36 PM
Is this your first project using 3dcg? Do you have any prior experience creating this type of video?
What 3dcg aps are you familiar with?

3DFilmmaker
01-21-2002, 07:07 PM
I'm a project manager by trade. I've managed a number of different creative projects for web sites, web applications and software development. I also have a background in video production.

This opportunity came to me through my personal interest in Machinima (animated shorts produced within a game engine). You can see some examples of my work on my website, 3DFilmMaker.com. The client liked the style of the work but I suggested doing it in a full 3d app for greater control over the visuals while trying to maintain the 'game like' look and feel.

I've been into 3D for a while (i.e. Lightwave on the Amiga) and have enough knowledge of many apps that allow me to understand what can and can not be done. I particularly like Lightwave.

ps. I don't use paypal.

Ken

hmc4me
01-22-2002, 08:09 PM
Hi
Do you need any more help. I might be interested in this project. Im not an advanced Lightwave user but I have worked with 3d game engines before. I now on a project like this you will take all the free help you can get. :)

3DFilmmaker
01-23-2002, 12:04 AM
Sounds good, I'll drop you an email.

Thanks!
Ken

phatgroovn
01-23-2002, 05:02 PM
im not a Lightwave guy by any stretch, but if you're project needs some post work done I'd be willing (current personal workload permitting at the time).

Drop me a line if interested / when the time comes.

meyerdj@fuse.net

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.