PDA

View Full Version : Maya Rendering Errors

armynavy123
07-12-2010, 07:55 PM
Hello,

when I try to render in maya (I am an uber beginner sorry if I don't explain something accurately), when I render in Maya it says //Error: An error has occurred. Rendering aborted. What is this?! And that is rendering in the maya software, when I try to render in mental ray it says // Error: The directory "renderData/mentalray" could not be created. Now these happened at the same time so they are related I believe, also I have enough memory on my computer for maya so don't tell me I may not have enough. Please help, I really need this fixed! Thanks!
Update: I have rendered before without difficulties, why now?!!

killerlord257
07-12-2010, 08:08 PM
hi,

Look men, probably has something to do with security permissions on your hard drives. I had a very similar error with the 3dsmax plugin illustrate a while ago, and it turns out that because of my user couldnt write anything on the system drive, those kind of bizarre errors show up. Other than this has to be corrupted installers, because memory errors are much more wild, like closing your app suddenly, or total freezing or slowdown of performance and stuff like that. So checkout the security configuration and see if you can solve it from there. Im just guessing, but maybe could be a fresh approach!

good luck dude,

yorch.

animatedfox
07-12-2010, 08:26 PM
As you mentioned you were an "uber-beginner" I was thinking it may have to do with your project not being setup correctly.
Sometimes you can have an issue with rendering if your project is not correctly created/set, as Maya acesses/creates specific file locations/folders when rendering.
A good rule of thumb is to always create a project and make sure your paths are all setup. Then make sure to set your project when you start working.
Hope this helps.
~Ben

armynavy123
07-12-2010, 09:38 PM
hi,

Look men, probably has something to do with security permissions on your hard drives. I had a very similar error with the 3dsmax plugin illustrate a while ago, and it turns out that because of my user couldnt write anything on the system drive, those kind of bizarre errors show up. Other than this has to be corrupted installers, because memory errors are much more wild, like closing your app suddenly, or total freezing or slowdown of performance and stuff like that. So checkout the security configuration and see if you can solve it from there. Im just guessing, but maybe could be a fresh approach!

good luck dude,

yorch.
Thanks but I don't think this is the problem as I have no restrictions.

armynavy123
07-12-2010, 09:39 PM
As you mentioned you were an "uber-beginner" I was thinking it may have to do with your project not being setup correctly.
Sometimes you can have an issue with rendering if your project is not correctly created/set, as Maya acesses/creates specific file locations/folders when rendering.
A good rule of thumb is to always create a project and make sure your paths are all setup. Then make sure to set your project when you start working.
Hope this helps.
~Ben

It has rendered correctly before I am not that much of a beginner. I guess uber was a wrong word (:

armynavy123
07-12-2010, 09:49 PM
Hope this helps.
~Ben

Lol it turns out I did not have a project set up at all. Thank you so incredibly much. These smileys are for you :) :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

animatedfox
07-12-2010, 09:58 PM
Keep on keeping on!
All the best
~Ben

CGTalk Moderation
07-12-2010, 09:58 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.