PDA

View Full Version : a squirrels perspective on life.

bonkanailios
07-12-2010, 06:13 PM
I usually do frame by frame 2d. I want to be a 3d animator really badly. But I am still getting used to the medium.
Anyways, this is a lipsync I have been working on for a little while. The dialogue gets more interesting later on in the convo, but I prefer working in 6-8 hundred frame segments, as more than 20 seconds of animation at a time can be confusing.

Please tear this apart, I can't even see it anymore and I need new eyes.

squirrels perspective (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40NghKXmijA)

MaddogZ
07-13-2010, 03:00 PM
not bad My crit is that after the squirrel stops talking he prity much stops moving and give the guy the evil eye

I love the evil eye look but he needs to move the whole time maybe give him a bit of sway and have that evil eye fallow the man some

other then that its looking good keep it up

Wilson-3d
07-13-2010, 05:25 PM
I think it is looking good. I love the squirrel at the end. My main thought is that the man is moving his arms a little much. He never really stops moving them and almost uses them to define each word. I think it may add more by having him stick a pose with them and hold them (moving hold) for a section or two of his dialogue. Nice work.

bonkanailios
07-13-2010, 10:08 PM
Yeah, I see what your saying about the arms. I figured out how to switch between IK and FK during a movement and got a little carried away haha!
Ill put more into the squirrel right away!

bonkanailios
07-18-2010, 07:42 PM
UPDATE:
Squirrels Perspective (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVtqYTRtFN4) (Wip B)
Mostly just worked on giving the squirrel a little more action and animated a little more of the guy.
haven't done anything with the squirrel after 0:17
Still haven't really touched the FK-IK switch at the very end with the guys arm. It needs some frames. Other than that, fresh eyes would be so helpful.

maevey
07-21-2010, 09:48 PM
Hi. I think it's looking okay. Apart from the things that were mentioned by the others, the thing that stands out for me is the movement in his back/chest from 16 seconds in - it reads (to me) like his rib cage is collapsing and then expanding again.

Also, it may be a limitation of the rig but the positioning of his legs looks a little uncomfortable. Maybe you could try moving his feet further apart.

bonkanailios
07-22-2010, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the input! The legs are a rig problem sort of. But I can just enlarge the rock a little bit or shrink him some.... Or
both.
I think I might have to scrap the humans gestures and start over. They aren't looking as good as they could and its because I didn't plan correctly. I'm gonna put this down for a week or two and animate some other stuff. Then come back to this when I feel even more comfortable in maya. Every day it gets a little easier!

bonkanailios
08-03-2010, 04:09 PM
Update: I started working out the camera angles, I reanimated the guy from scratch this far in. Still about 300 frames to go on this pass.
I want to make the frame distribution a little less crunchy, and fix that hand flicker as his hand hits the rock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMtO7GMPDgk

CGTalk Moderation
08-03-2010, 04:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.