PDA

View Full Version : plant movement

shongu
07-12-2010, 03:03 PM
A co-worker just asked me if there is a way to make just a single push move. In our animation the character falls into some bushes in an area with a lot of them, but only one or two move. if there a way to make them rustle without effecting the others? All I could think of way adding wind, but that would effect them all.

Claus
07-13-2010, 09:02 AM
If your bushes are part of an Eco System I would paint away the bushes that you need the character to have contact with, and then create two separate bushes there instead. That way you have much more control of the movement of these plants and you will not affect the rest at all. You could then use the blue arrow you have for these plants to keyframe animate the movement according to that of the character.

An other approach could be to keep everything as an Eco System and then animate a ventilator to move along with the character. Then you have to set the falloff correctly so that it does not affect too many plants. But I think the first approach will give you more control of the result.

shongu
07-13-2010, 09:18 PM
Thanks a lot! I informed my co-worker of your advice and she hasn't come back to me to ask me any more questions or tell me it didn't work so I'm assuming everything worked perfectly.

CGTalk Moderation
07-13-2010, 09:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.