PDA

View Full Version : jagged geometry problems

vallaha
07-11-2010, 05:12 PM
im learning from the pixologic sword tutorial on the pixologic website. iv used a square alpha to get this shape just like the tutor shows in the vid but the edges are abnormally jagged on my model. more jagged then on the tutors model. i use smooth brush but no matter how low the z intensity, a large part of the models edges are smoothed away with the midust touch. this isnt normal. what can i do?

please look t attached file, cheers

AndrewJarvis
07-16-2010, 05:12 PM
...I just hate seeing all these threads with no replies! Come on people, we gotta help each-other out!

I would suggest creating your geometry a different way - it seems pretty simple to start with, so simply attempt it from a different starting point. If you initially modeled it in NURBS, try it with Polys, and vice-versa - then export to obj, and import again. Make sure you're starting with an adequate level of subdivision as well.

Try again and post your results--good or bad! :)

RichardMarklew
07-16-2010, 07:02 PM
If you want answers to your questions, whether you like it or not, you'd honestly be better off asking on the official zbrush forum. http://www.zbrushcentral.com/

AndrewJarvis
07-16-2010, 07:15 PM
I got stuck recently on my first real ZBrush effort, and so I decided to go to the official forum for help. I read through every possible FAQ and guideline they posted, and searched exhaustively to make sure my question hadn't already been answered. I included all of the information they could possibly need to help answer my question. I included screencaps, and was very polite. So far, the views on my post are at 20, and zero comments. As it slowly drifts off the first page, my hopes of getting any kind of response drift away as well! lol...

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=90171

Prove me wrong man! If you have any ideas about what could be wrong, and you are a user of that forum, please bump my thread! Even if you don't know the answer, a new comment on the post could bump it to the top and someone who knows might just comment on it!

Otherwise, I'll probably make the same post on this forum... (why I joined here to begin with)

It's just so frustrating to be stuck on something without any kind of support :/

RichardMarklew
07-17-2010, 02:42 PM
Andrew, Replied to your thread.

AndrewJarvis
07-17-2010, 03:15 PM
Thanks man, that was cool of you :) Boy, you are really into Dr. Who! haha... pretty great Sonic Screwdriver! I have to admit I've got some catching up to do -- haven't seen most of series, just bits and pieces throughout my life... a little Baker here ("The Arc In Time" sticks out), some of the first doctor I downloaded (first episode where they meet the Daleks), a little of the two new doctors, prefer the one you modeled, with the big ears! lol

AndrewJarvis
07-19-2010, 05:39 PM
WOoooohooo! My problem was resolved! It was such a simple thing--check out the thread. I totally credit you Richard with bumping the thread and helping get the right eyes on it :) ...can't wait to take this to the next level now!!!

CGTalk Moderation
07-19-2010, 05:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.